Player Built shops

H

hiafi

I was just wondering some things about the player built shops (ex: arcane vault, voodoo lounge)

1. Can the shops sell to players other than the builder?
2. Can you set prerequisites on the items (ex: you need to have a lumbermill to buy this)?

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Yes, both of your questions are possible.
1: Give them the abilities from the regular shop...ehm, what is it called again? Oh, Goblin Merchant. And thats mostly it!;)
1.5: prerequisites, is that a real word?:eek:
2:
Edit; Oh, l0l, or add tech requirements to items! (like oninuva said!:D)and instead of choosing a tech, you choose "lumber mill".
Cheerio AGAIN!;)

zoll3

Reaction score
1. Can the shops sell to players other than the builder?

Yes . If someone builds an arcane vault or voodoo lounge .. Allied players can buy from it too. If u want all players able to buy .. Make it Neutral Passive .

2. Can you set prerequisites on the items (ex: you need to have a lumbermill to buy this)?

Yep .. You can .. add tech requirements in the editor

Synthetics

Reaction score
Actually if your shop has the ability shop purchase and hero select it can choose anyone allie or enemy if thats what your after. it dont have to be neutral passive

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Actually if your shop has the ability shop purchase and hero select it can choose anyone allie or enemy if thats what your after. it dont have to be neutral passive

No, Enemies can't buy from shops owned by another team.

Elite Footmen

Synthetics

Reaction score
Yes they can because you can do it on my map Merchants of Vengeance. which will be uploaded later on and you can see for yourself :p

S

Star Ghost

No they definately can't unless you change on of the settings or make it Nuetral passive, I just tried it out on a normal melee map :p

S

Star Ghost

Yeah but I see custom items in there, that could make the difference :p

Maybe I'm wrong, I'll go check in a melee map and edit if I did make a mistake before anyone reads this :D

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
If the shop has the Shop Sharing ability enemies won't be able to shop from it, unless you make it neutral passive, and obviously if it doesn't have the Shop Sharing ability everybody can use it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.