General Police: Teen Shoots Self In Attempt To Wake Up From Shroom-Induced Nightmare

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
DELAND, Fla. (CBS Tampa) – Deland authorities say a teenager shot himself in the head to wake up from a magic-mushroom induced nightmare.

The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports that 17-year-old Steve Tilbury consumed several mushrooms, then drank a tea made from them, while with friends in his home.

He told investigators that he fell asleep not long after his friends left. But when he awoke from his nap, he reportedly thought he was still stuck in his nightmare.

“Tilbury said he woke up and it felt like it wasn’t real,” the deputy’s report states, adding that he felt trapped in his own home. “[He] said he thought if he shot himself he would wake up from the bad dream.”

3q06tk.jpg

Last edited:

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
his life is going to change dramatically in about a few years.

Whenever you fall asleep while on some drugs shit happens. Now lets wait for FC to arrive.

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
hhe felt trapped in his own home. “[He] said he thought if he shot himself he would wake up from the bad dream.”
This is such an excellent idea. Hmm shoot yourself in the head and you wake up?!

What shit happens?
Don't you see what's happening here?

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Don't you see what's happening here?

One case doesn't make every other case the norm.
He was referring to "whenever you sleep..". What should happen every time you sleep? In other words, he was asking about what "shit" means, since the "shit" doesn't happen everytime you sleep.
Get it?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Is this modern Inception? Does that mean if we were to comsume those mushrooms, we are able to defy physics and enter a realm where it's under a dream?

Cool, I guess.

EDIT: Speaking of Inception, I think the teenager is just like Mal, him going down some levels, and someone close to him decided to plant him an idea that the reality is still a dream, and kicking him back up until he wakes up. And the rest follows through.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
You guys make me feel like doing drugs, the way you advocate them.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Safe enough for those sound of mind. When it comes down to it, you just need to know your body, your limit. Don't take a bunch of shrooms... then brew up a shroom tea and chug that down too. It's a bad move. Quite a bad one, by the article. If you look on them with a degree of respect instead of as just another means to fucking you up, then you'll probably be able to appreciate them.

I think the real lesson here is not to surround yourself with dangerous objects while tripping, and if you're gonna do a lot of anything, make sure you've got a sober-sitter present. Learn about what you're doing before you do it, and most of all, don't shoot yourself in the fucking head.

That is, unless he was in Inception...

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
Every substance on earth is going to kill you if you take too much of it. No exceptions.

And this is where our oppinions part. You can't die of an overdose of psilocybin. If you're gonna consume a ridiculous amount of Shrooms, I'd say you're stupid. Our bodies will react if it can response. For example, when you eat you only eat as much as you need or until you're "full". Or when you drink too much alcohol, you'll probably vomit. Same thing with Shrooms I assume. If you really want to push it you eat but at a certain point you will vomit.

So there are exceptions that won't kill you. Shrooms are one of these. If I remember properly, THC shouldn't kill you as well. But I'll agree with you, that any kind of substance, including anything other than drugs will kill you in the long run if you take too much.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Um... I once had an overdose of vitamin C. Ate nearly 80 pills of 1000 mg. That was when I was 8 or 9, punished for playing N64 too many times.

I did survive, without any trips to the hospital.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Every substance on earth is going to kill you if you take too much of it. No exceptions.

I wouldn't be so sure. Maybe over a period of time with excessive use, but if you're talking about in one sitting then I'd say you're incorrect. You might say food is on this list, but in the vast majority of cases the human body will not be able to ingest the amount of food necessary to cause fatal damage. It just won't let you.

Same goes for countless other things; your body is designed to keep you from doing stupid-ass shit to it that would shut it down. So talking about ingestion all in one sitting, I don't think this holds true. But pushing the extremes over an extended period of time could certainly be fatal due to mounting complications.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.