Prison Spell help

CrazyWolf

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I want to create a spell where rocks will rise from the ground forming a circle trapping inside the target unit for X seconds.So what i particularly want to do is learn how to make the stones rise in a circular form.I ve read the tutorial about dynamic effects and basic shaping but i dont understand how to do it.Plz help me.

Ty.

P.S.I want to do it in trigger form and not in JASS.

M

Melancolie

Easy job.

Create in Object Editor an unit(no attack,no abilitys,no movement speed) and give it Art-Model file a rock.
Code:
Event .....
condition....
Actions
    Set Rock_manager = (Casting unit)
    Set Traped_unit = (Target unit of ability being cast)
    Set Traped_unit_loc = (Position of Traped_unit)
    For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Unit - Create 1 (Rock) for (Owner of Rock_manager) at (Traped_unit_loc offset by 100.00 towards (45.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees) facing Default building facing (270.0) degrees
            Set Rock[(Integer A)] = (Last created unit)
    Wait ("Spell duration") seconds
    For each (Integer A) from 1 to 8, do (Actions)
        Loop - Actions
            Unit - Remove Rock(or kill for an animation)[(Integer A)] from the game
Custom script:   call RemoveLocation (udg_Traped_unit_loc)

if you kill it I thing you have to add "Set Rock[(Integer A)] = No unit" in the last loop

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
>if you kill it I thing you have to add "Set Rock[(Integer A)] = No unit" in the last loop

No need for that. Maybe add a nice effect when the rocks are created, Volcano Birth would be pretty good for this.

CrazyWolf

Reaction score
Melancolie integers leak?

EDIT: Melancolie i follow your trigger and it works but when i put locust to my dummy units units can go through them so i guess ill use destructibles.

Thnx for the spell

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
>Melancolie integers leak?

The variables you work with in the trigger editor are globals, and globals don't need to be nulled. Neither does real, integer, and (sometimes) string variables.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.