Problem getting NPC's to cast cannibalize

Redeamed

Reaction score
ok so I don't really know much about how abilities work but Im trying to make a chicken eat a work. modified a footman to make the chicken and the worm is just a small dune worm. The chicken can attack the worm and I can use cannibalize just fine if Im controling the unit but when I set up a trigger to tell the chicken to cast it by itself the only thing I have found is under cast ability with no target and it is Ghoul-cannibalize. This doesn't work. I am thinking that I should try basing the chicken off a ghoul, is there another way to do this?

Meowier

Reaction score
Does the chicken have the ability cannibalize? Have you put the ability on the chicken?

Can cannibalize only be used when the unit is at max hp?

Redeamed

Reaction score
cannibalize is on the chicken. I cant use it at max health but I've halfed the chickens health and remove hp regeneration. The ability works just fine when manually casted it's getting the NPC's to cast it that is the problem.

WilliamPa

Reaction score
Check that the spell's main IP is same with real cannibalize, or you can force the player to cast it by making it target the chicken and doing the following:

Game/Player - Force UI

This is action which forces player to press a button, normal cannibalize has hotkey C(?), so make the computer who owns the chicken, press C

Redeamed

Reaction score
not sure what you ment by force the player to target the chick but this is what I tried and it did work, and idea why?

Code:
chicken eat
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        ((Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Worm) and ((Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Chicken male (hungry))
    Actions
        Wait 2.00 seconds
        Selection - Select (Attacking unit) for Player 4 (Purple)
        Game - Force Player 4 (Purple) to press the key C
        Selection - Clear selection for Player 4 (Purple)

Redeamed

Reaction score
so I have been playing around with this a bit and it seems to me (though i could just be crazy) that cannibalize is being canceled to attack a new near by target. I dont know if this is right or not but if it is, is there a way to prioitize cannibalize above attacking or something like that?

Light Alkmst

Reaction score
You could trigger so that once it starts eating the worm, the chicken becomes paused. It will continue eating. Make sure to unpause the chicken when it's done eating, like waiting for whatever duration the cannibalize ability has.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.