Problem with alpha channel and importing

CYRRIC

Reaction score
i have 2 big probleme

now i have all i want to make skin or icons but seems that alpha chanel doesn't want to save i allready read many topics an tuto

first for war we have blp and targa(tga) so i make my icone and set the alpha chanel for the back of the picture

i save all of i made in targa 24bit or there is one probleme here normaly alpha chanele or saved at 32bit cause classic picture are 24bit + alpha chanel 8bit = 32bit

so there is a probleme cause to import a icone or any other we have to make it 24bit its especialy say on topics that is the first problem

the second is near the same with all those probleme fow now i'm not sure anymore how to make alpha chanel so maybe if anybody who made it could tell me how

PS: i trying to make a forum in french for french that want it and if i could give the link or admin doesn't want to ?

Thansk for reading

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
This tutorial explains all what you need to know for making custom icons: http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/icons.php

Do not save icon pictures with alpha channel.
Do not use any compressions when saving *.tga picture fail.
Which tutorial did you use?
Which paint program are you using, I am using the Gimp, which is free image manipulation program. It is similar to professional program Paintshop.
Fastest is to search from Google how to add alpha channel in your paint program.

CYRRIC

Reaction score
i use photoshop and i read tutorial on the warcraftworld editor and on google and on this forum too

CYRRIC

Reaction score
i allready read it many time there is a probleme or somethink that i dont understand i dont need people to show me where to find i know i to search when i need something but when there is a probleme i need someone to explain not to turn in circle

CYRRIC

Reaction score
thanks for the proposition but i dont want people to make it for me, i want to learn why that doesn't work. Like this i could make it by my own without bothering other and better i could help at my turn anyone else

Kikac_NNGK

Reaction score
U can give me the icon and i'll try to see what is the problem and then, if i find any problem i'll tell u
I mean the icon that u have been editing in photoshop, UR icon

CYRRIC

Reaction score
im posting one of my icon but there is one probleme i succeed to import it only in TGA but in blp doenst work i i remenber well but even if i suceed to import it
the black color seems to not be in transparency

the second problem is that when you import your icon normaly you have to name it like BTN+name you want or DISBTN+name and so on...

cause i want to make icon with full use like passiv skill or active skill and im not sure of one thing

when on activ icon you have a borderline around your icon is BTN but when i name it BTN doesn't apear so do i have to create by myself the border or is it adding automaticaly when you name corectly the icon ??

here is my icon : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9CHZINKE

Kikac_NNGK

Reaction score
I think i found ur problem. Ur problem was the alpha channel. Here i made a few steps how to make the channel of the icon. Btw here is some icon brder pack for BTN, PASBTN, DISBTN etc. And the icon i maded

EDIT: Sry. Myb cos i deleted them from my attachment space :eek:. Here they r now

Attachments

• Channels Tutorial.zip
    242.6 KB · Views: 80
  • warcraft3icondocument.psd
    63.3 KB · Views: 77
  • BTNPurplemoon.tga
    16 KB · Views: 67

CYRRIC

Reaction score
if you made a link i dont see it

edit : ok thanks i will see it on this week end thanks for the check i will tel you if i understand it

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.