Problem with Nuclear Missle Ability.

helomellow

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I've made this Nuclear Missile ability. It's supposed to fire a Nuclear Warhead at the target point. Sounds simple right? However, I've run across some problems. The first being that the ability i was going to base it on. I've tried basing it off Cluster Rockets, but that was a huge mistake as it was incredibly buggy. The damage part is hard to set, even though i know how to set the intervals and whatnot, and when you change the targets allowed, the damage somehow gets real buggy. Also, even after i put 1 missile count, it shot like 3 missiles. NOT only that, the missile speed is fixed, i can't change the speed of the cluster rocket missile no matter what value i put in, and when i target it far away, the projectile moves really quickly, and it looks really stupid. Then I've tried using Frost Nova, but it has no missile and is instant. THEN, I've also tried adding Sphere to the caster with the missile art then casting Frost Nova, but the projectile fared the same as the Cluster Rockets Ability- uncontrollable speed which looks retarded.

So basically, how do i do a Nuclear Missile ability, with controllable, slow projectile speed, and if possible, without using dummy units as a projectile with slide trigger.

Thanks, if you know what i mean :p

Sessional

Reaction score
Goblin Sapper? I know you said no dummy units, but it's the easiest thing I can think off. Make it fly, make it invulnerable, make it detonate the targeted area.

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
I would use stormbolt if there is only one warhead and make it have a large arc :), problem is there's no AOE :(. Sorry that wasn't very helpful :p

Dest

Reaction score
Use a channel ability, make it AoE, and then trigger it. That's only your option. You can have a dummy to cast flame strike when the nuclear hits on the ground, if that is you like.

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
I would really suggest what Sessional said. The dummy goblin sapper with the model of a nuke would suit this nicely.

However, if you don't feel like using a dummy ability....maybe you could use unstable concoction? (orc)

Reaction score
Create a dummy mortar and order it to fire at target point. You can easily customize the damage and area. You can increase the mortar scale size to make a huge missile. It arcs too. :)

helomellow

Reaction score
What do you mean by mortar? A dummy unit that fires the projectile? Or the dummy unit is the projectile?

Glimpse

Reaction score
Using Scaled Projectiles with an invisible Mortar Team dummy you have full control over the art, size, arc, and speed of the missile. You can even set the damage type to Magic so that normal resistances apply, or Chaos if you want to bypass them.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
i dont think you can have a slow rising speed and a fast falling speed without using 2 dummy's, which is what im guessing you want

Bloodydood

Reaction score
The unit Mortar Team. Create a dummy invisible one and make it fire at the designated place. You can customize its attack to whatever you need.

This

Give it locust (unless RoC is intended to be available).

Give the attack a large arc (max is 1) so from a distance it may look like the nuke is coming from the sky.

helomellow

Reaction score
Okay, so i've tried creating a mortar team dummy unit then ordering it to attack ground target of ability being cast.However, even though i set the Mortar Team's range to 20000, when i target the spell past what seems to be like 600 range, it spawns the Mortar Team, then it doesn't do anything and it dies(cause of the expiration timer).

Bloodydood

Reaction score
Okay, so i've tried creating a mortar team dummy unit then ordering it to attack ground target of ability being cast.However, even though i set the Mortar Team's range to 20000, when i target the spell past what seems to be like 600 range, it spawns the Mortar Team, then it doesn't do anything and it dies(cause of the expiration timer).

Acquisition range must be the same

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The aquisition range is the range that the unit will aquire a target at, if there is no aquisition range, the unit will not aquire a target and therefore not attack (without moving)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.