Problem with pathability of a custom doodad

LoveTD's

Reaction score
Hi all ;)

I'm having a problem.
When I try to create a custom path for a doodad, this doodad can not have any fixed rotations. (Like in rotating 360 degrees...)

This means that whenever I use my custom path for my doodad it only gives me the ability to rotate them to 0 or 90 degrees.

Is there a way to fix this?

I used the following model for the doodad:
Ruins Tall Wall from Ultimate Terraining Map

and this is the path I created for the doodad:
http://www.2shared.com/file/4V38IEDO/path.html

Does anyone know how I could make a path for the model while still being abled to rotate it 360 degrees?
And yes the fixed rotations for the doodad are set to -1

I would love to know :D +rep

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
ya uhmm plz upload the file to a site that doesnt look like its gonna spread viruses

LoveTD's

Reaction score
ya uhmm plz upload the file to a site that doesnt look like its gonna spread viruses
... -,-

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=lie96k

do you even have a slight idea of what a .tga file is?
If you don't know what a tga is then you don't know the problem I'm dealing with right now :)

I've asked this same thing on thehive but only 1 person responded and it didn't contain my answer :(

So if there's anyone who understands using custom pathing maps for your doodads please help me out >.>
I'm stuck for over 3 days already...

GFreak45

Reaction score
i do but my cousin got a trojan downloading one, you can hide files in tgas

and fileshare sites hide shit in their files all the time it wasnt a site that i trusted, hive i trust

LoveTD's

Reaction score
with commandprompt that is... I know... But you'll have to trust me that this is a custom path for my doodad...
It's 5 px height and 10 px width in a white collor....
So, do you have any idea how I would make a pathing map that can actually be used on that doodad while still being abled to rotate 360 degrees?

b.t.w. if you don't trust me enough to download the tga then don't, I told you what it is so you should be abled to figure it out without even looking at the file...

GFreak45

Reaction score
it looks like it is a 2x1 pathing file correct? there are other paths that already work for 360 with this pathing

LoveTD's

Reaction score
So your saying that there are other path's already created for that exact same doodad?
Or do you mean as in the blizzard standards?
Could you send me a link if it is a custom one?
Which one would I have to use if it's a blizzard standard path?
Which path dude 0.o?

Have you tested it yourself on UTM?

EDIT: got to go sleep, I'll check this thread in the morning as soon as I wake up :)

I did not understand your answer, please elaborate further...
(I'm getting a bit grumpy since this is the 4th day and I really need this fixed to move on)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.