Problems with Shadow Strike (unit ability)

Diamondeye

Reaction score
I have a problem when making a unit ability for Shadow Strike. I've made a custom ability over Shadow Strike (Neutral Hostile), and changed the following things:

initial damage 55 --> 35
decay damage 10 --> 5

furthermore, I have added the "non-hero" to the targets allowed, and changed the buff to a buff made over the shadowstrike buff, with a different icon and description.

I have also made a trigger that says:

When; A Unit finishes using an ability

If(Ability being cast) Equal to (Poisoned Blade)

Then(Remove (Poisoned Blade) from (Casting Unit))

Poisoned blade is the name of my custom ability.

Now, I encounter two strange things when using the ability:

1: The casting unit is paused (this I got over by adding a Then(Unpause (Casting unit)),
2: The target unit is killed (It has 540 hp).

If it can be of any help, I am still recieving the bounty for the unit, meaning I did kill it. And the stat of the ability that says "Decay Power" is 2, like in the original spell.

Please help me out! Any help is appreciated.

Chao

Setting sail for fail in the sea of lame.
Reaction score
When the target dies, are there a crap-ton of numbers over its head?
the Cast time of the ability (should be 1, maybe 3... I can't remember) affects the damage over time. If it's zero, you'll instant kill everything you touch because the damage will be infinite.

Diamondeye

Reaction score
When the target dies, are there a crap-ton of numbers over its head?
the Cast time of the ability (should be 1, maybe 3... I can't remember) affects the damage over time. If it's zero, you'll instant kill everything you touch because the damage will be infinite.

Oh, thanks a bunch, I had no idea cast time had an effect on damage. Yeah, I set it to 0. Will restore it to 3 immidiately. Thanks again!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.