Purchasing Trigger Needed

warpo

Reaction score
:nuts:

I hate asking for triggers, but I have no idea where to start with this one. This is probably so simple and is probably a noobsih question but I gotta start somewhere. What I have is I want a quest requirement to be completed when you purchase a Goblin Zeplin. I know how to complete quest requirements, but I can't figure out a proper event or condition to use. I looked around and I am still drawing a blank. DO I need to have a trigger off at first then turned on??? Or is it a simple event or condition I'm missing involving my hero who is purchasing the item.......

Atreyu

One Last Breath.
Reaction score
E
A units sells a unit
C
Unit Type of Sold unit equal to Gobling Zepplin.
A
Your actions.

=)

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
^as above, but then remember to turn off the trigger once it has been completed so it doesn't keep firing with every goblin zeplin you buy...

You need to have the trigger on at first, not off, or it wont work. You only turn it off once it has run, so it doesnt run again. If you are going to have this quest available for multiple players to complete at different times, I don't recommend turning it off once a player has completed it (coz then I think that no other player will be able to complete it once it is off).

Instead, you should create an integer variable array for the quest like this 'zep_quest [index]' with the array size being the amount of players. Then in your trigger have the condition 'zep_quest [player number of owner of buying/bought unit] = 0' so that a player needs to have the integer equal to zero to complete the quest.

Then you need to add the action 'set variable zep_quest[player number of owner of buying/bought unit] to 1'. This will mean that the zep quest completed integer will be increased to 1, and now that player will not be able to repeat the quests, but other players that still have it set to 0 will.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.