Putting to disc

R

Really Quick

Is There ANY way of putting a warcraft iii scenario on a disc?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
disc? floppy disc? cd disc? You can do this quite easily just by copying the map onto the floppy disc in windows explorer, or using cd-burning software to burn it onto cd.

Bomook

Reaction score
what file(s) did you copy? just go into ...\Warcraft III\Maps\ folder and copy mapname.w3m or mapname.w3x

also, your burner may be screwed up, try burning again... I get wierd "errors" with Nero sometimes when I burn and it says it's successful, but the disc is actually empty.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
are you trying to use windows explorer to copy your file onto cd? cause that won't work. which type of disc are you talking about anyway?

R

Really Quick

okay....i created a game called 'fields of battle.' i then go to the 'RecordNow' program and go the area called 'Copy Data to disc'

the most i could ever get was just to attempt to burn wc3 or the editor itself...i tried searching for the files, but that too was a failure.

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So your question is more about how to use your cd burner?

When you save a custom map, it goes into a file. You want to put this file onto a CD right?

It's just like burning any other file to a CD...

R

Really Quick

yeah it doesn't show up

i can put 'Warcraft III' to disc but not the games specifically themselves

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
take a screenshot of where you can see 'warcraft III' but not the maps themselves. hit the print screen button your keyboard, and then paste it into microsoft paint, save it as a jpeg, and then post it here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.