Quest triggers help

Mcbeazy

Reaction score
Ok so Below I put a category from a quest I am working on. I ran into some problems and wondered if anyone could spot it because I have no idea. Firstly, unlike all my other quests, this exclamation point I give the character does not go away for some reason. Also, when I am removing one item and dropping another, It does not remove the item from the hero's inventory. Finally when I turnt he quest in I receive none of the rewards.....My previous quest is modeled almost the same way and works just fine... Thoughts?

Trigger one
Trigger:
  • exclamation point hidden quest
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of DewShine 0086 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
      • Set QuestEffects[1] = QuestEffects[1]

trigger 2

Trigger:
  • Quest hidden Spiders
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 400.00 of DewShine 0086 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) is A Hero) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Destroy QuestEffects[1]
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: Stay Back! I may be...
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Anti-Dote! with the description Collect 1 Venom fro..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Set AntiVenom[1] = (Last created quest)
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)

Trigger 3
Trigger:
  • AntiVenom
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (AntiVenom[1] is enabled) Equal to True
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Venom
    • Actions
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: You must now Obtain...

Trigger 4
Trigger:
  • ObtainAnti venom
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 015 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) is A Hero) Equal to ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Venom)
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads *Strange noises fil... at (Center of Region 015 <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Venom)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Item - Create Antidote at (Center of Region 015 <gen>)
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: Rush this to DewShi...

Trigger 5
Trigger:
  • QuestComplete
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 200.00 of DewShine 0086 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) is A Hero) Equal to ((Triggering unit) has an item of type Venom)
    • Actions
      • Set DewshineComplete[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = (DewshineComplete[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] + 1)
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • DewshineComplete[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Quest - Mark AntiVenom[1] as Completed
          • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: Good job you have s...
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Hero - Add 250 experience to (Picked unit), Show level-up graphics
              • Player - Add 200 to (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Current gold
        • Else - Actions

Trigger 6

Trigger:
  • remove antidote
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of DewShine 0086 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Triggering unit) Equal to (Hero manipulating item)) and ((Item being manipulated) Equal to (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Antidote))
    • Actions
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Oh Thank you! You h... above DewShine 0086 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)

use WC3 tags around your code

wtf?
Trigger:

you need to enable antivenom[1] quest in the previous trigger
Trigger:

in that trigger, there is no hero manipulating item
the event is a unit comes within 200 of DewShine...
Trigger:
  • Set DewshineComplete[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] = (DewshineComplete[(Player number of (Owner of (Hero manipulating item)))] + 1)

your group leaks

there is no hero manipulating the item, as stated above the event is different
Trigger:
  • Player - Add 200 to (Owner of (Item being manipulated)) Current gold

useless conditon:
Trigger:
  • ((Triggering unit) Equal to (Hero manipulating item))

you need to specify exactly which item.. make an item variable and put the AntiDote in that variable
Trigger:
  • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)

only use Hero manipulating item in the conditions/actions if the event is related to anything about item...

haha..now I feel stupid...I didn't notice I did that to be honest. I was skrewing with this on no sleep, but also I have not done many posts how do I WC tag? and also, That mistake doesn't effect two of the stupid problems I am having. I am sure I effed up somewhere else too, but I can't see it. jJust need fresh eyes I think.

Oh, thanks lol, posted as I posted. I will change those, I have not been doing triggers for very long so sometimes I get confused with where I am going with it.

haha..now I feel stupid...I didn't notice I did that to be honest. I was skrewing with this on no sleep, but also I have not done many posts how do I WC tag? and also, That mistake doesn't effect two of the stupid problems I am having. I am sure I effed up somewhere else too, but I can't see it. jJust need fresh eyes I think.

Oh, thanks lol, posted as I posted. I will change those, I have not been doing triggers for very long so sometimes I get confused with where I am going with it.

highlight your pasted code and press the small a button for WC3 tags

i have posted more errors... fix those and maybe it might be fixed

Trigger:
  • exclamation point hidden quest
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of DewShine 0086 <gen> using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl

Trigger:
  • Quest hidden Spiders
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 400.00 of DewShine 0086 <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Destroy QuestEffects[1]
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: Stay Back! I may be...
      • Quest - Create a Required quest titled Anti-Dote! with the description Collect 1 Venom fro..., using icon path ReplaceableTextures\CommandButtons\BTNAmbush.blp
      • Set AntiVenom[1] = (Last created quest)

Trigger:
  • AntiVenom
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Venom
    • Actions
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: You must now Obtain...

Trigger:
  • ObtainAnti venom
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Region 015 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) has an item of type Venom) Equal to True
      • Antivenom2[1] Equal to Venom
    • Actions
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads *Strange noises fil... at (Center of Region 015 <gen>) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Venom)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Item - Create Antidote at (Center of Region 015 <gen>)
      • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: Rush this to DewShi...

Trigger:
  • QuestComplete
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 200.00 of DewShine 0086 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) has an item of type Antidote) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set DewshineComplete[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] = (DewshineComplete[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] + 1)
        • If - Conditions
          • DewshineComplete[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Quest - Display to (All players) the Quest Update message: Good job you have s...
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
              • Hero - Add 250 experience to (Triggering unit), Show level-up graphics
              • Player - Add 200 to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold
        • Else - Actions

Trigger:
  • remove antidote
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 256.00 of DewShine 0086 <gen>
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) has an item of type Venom) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Oh Thank you! You h... above DewShine 0086 <gen> with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency
      • Item - Remove (Item carried by (Entering unit) of type Venom)
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Floating Text - Destroy (Last created floating text)

Ok so I changed all of those, and hopefully now that I get it this is more on track. Now that I did this though, my region event where venom turns into anti-venom doesn't work at all. It doesn't display txt, It doesn't make the anti-dote, and it doesn't remove item....ugh I am so lost :banghead: I am doing something horribly wrong

EDIT: accidentally messed up the pasting some how

now that you got the WC3 tag thing down, lets work on posting the correct triggers...

you have 6 of the same triggers...

the condition in the above 6 triggers are screwed up...

((Triggering unit) Equal to (Hero manipulating item)) and ((Item being manipulated) Equal to (Item carried by (Triggering unit) of type Antidote))

to:
(Item-type carried by (Triggering unit) equal to Antidote)

lol, ya not sure what I did, but it dud the same one 6 times on accident noticed, and changed =) sorry about that lol.

in your first trigger...

wtf? shouldn't it be Last Created Effect
Trigger:

in your second trigger... (i'm actually not familiar with quest..) but is there an action that says Enable Quest? if so, you need to
Trigger:
  • Enable AntiVenom[1]

in your fourth trigger, in the conditions
Trigger:
  • Antivenom2[1] Equal to Venom

what does that mean?
and
Set Point = (Center of Region 015 <gen>)
...actions... replace all the (Center of Region 015 <gen>) with the location variable Point
Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)

in your fifth trigger
replace this:
Trigger:
    • Loop - Actions
      • Hero - Add 250 experience to (Triggering unit), Show level-up graphics
      • Player - Add 200 to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Current gold

with:
Trigger:
  • Set Tempgroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Tempgroup) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
        • Player - Add 200 to (Owner of (Picked unit)) Current gold
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Tempgroup)

in your first trigger...

Trigger:
  • Set Tempgroup = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
    • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Tempgroup) and do (Actions)
      • Loop - Actions
    • Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_Tempgroup)

Thank you for all of your help! I just got on and checked, and almost everything works properly now, the only thing that doesnt is the experience to heroes portion. I don't know how to do JASS or anything like that, so not sure what I am supposed to do from here.

Trigger:
  • QuestComplete
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit comes within 200.00 of DewShine 0086 &lt;gen&gt;
    • Conditions
      • ((Entering unit) has an item of type Antidote) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • Set DewshineComplete[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] = (DewshineComplete[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] + 1)
        • If - Conditions
          • DewshineComplete[(Player number of (Owner of (Entering unit)))] Equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Set TempGroup[1] = (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Picked unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))
          • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempGroup[1] and do (Actions)
            • Loop - Actions
        • Else - Actions

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.