So I have many classes in my map.

Each class has 4 skill types.

Example

Tribesman(the starting class)

has 1 passive skill
has 1 stun skill
has 1 aoe skill
has 1 direct damage skill

When the map starts up your tribesman is spawned at your base. With no skills.

Each class has a pool of skills per each skill group.

example, if a Tribesman has 1 passive skill, and a Fighter has 1 passive skill.

The choices for that passive skill will be different for the tribesman than they would be for the fighter.

I cant think of a easy way to let the player pick the skill from a list for each slot. My original idea was to give the player 4 spellbooks, each with that "slots" spell choices. Then when they select a spell from one of the spellbooks it replaces that spellbook with that spell. But I dont know if thats possible.

My second idea was to create a npc that has 4 items for sell, when they purchase an item is pulls up a dialog for picking that skill. But that just seems like a hassle. If anyone here has any ideas, I would be eternally grateful.

Thanks.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
Hmm, there was a tutorial map on this somewhere...
Let me find it.

EDIT: Got it, I believe this is the kind of thing [meaning not exactly] you are looking for?

Toriad

Reaction score
Fireblades, What do you mean Upgrades?

Other guy :(

Wolfie, Thats kinda like how i wanna do it just without all the tables and crap if i can.

YourFace

<span style="color:#9C9C9C;"><strong>Runner Up - T
Reaction score
maybe you can have several taverns and when someone says -skil, you tele them to certain areas that have troll skills or fighter skills according to their race

Toriad

Reaction score
I would totaly do that except for im constrained to an AOS map, thats already made for me and i suck at making things with terrain :(

Vassilev

Reaction score
"Wolfie, Thats kinda like how i wanna do it just without all the tables and crap if i can. "

oh don't be such a lazy bum, its called CODING... everything requires work, i'm sure the link he provided already gives you a nice template to copy from and is efficient too.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
The link I provided is a map by AceHart, of course it's a nice template :p .
Did you even look at it Toriad [the coding and that] :confused: ?

Toriad

Reaction score
Yes I did actually ;p and i am currently using it ;p I figured I just cant be lazy :(

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
If you're lazy, I'd suggest not get your hopes up for a map that will actually get played, that requires work and dedication :D .

Toriad

Reaction score
Meh, it wasn't so much about lazy as much as somewhere deep in my mind I keep thinking theres a easier way, and i dont want to do it until i find that way, but i gave up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.