Question About coordinates

Matemeo

Reaction score
I've read its better to use (x,y) coordinates rather then rects, are the (x,y) coordinates what you see in the bottom left hand corner of the screen in the main Editor screen? Thanks in advance, (Once again...sorry if it's already been asked :O)

Matemeo

Reaction score
Another question about coordinates ><

What do you use to spawn units at a point, is it this?

CreateUnitAtLoc takes player id, integer unitid, location whichLocation, real face returns unit

If it is, where/how do I enter in the 'whichLocation'? An Example would be nice :rolleyes:

Once again, thanks in advance, and sorry if it's already been asked. (I did search)

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
What do you use to spawn units at a point, is it this?

CreateUnitAtLoc takes player id, integer unitid, location whichLocation, real face returns unit

If it is, where/how do I enter in the 'whichLocation'? An Example would be nice :rolleyes:

Once again, thanks in advance, and sorry if it's already been asked. (I did search)

Okay... So if I were to set the location to a unit's location, I would do something like this:
Code:
local location spawnloc = GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit())
call CreateUnitAtLoc(Player(0),'hf00',spawnloc,270)

Something like that, note that this is just an example. ;)

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Uhmm... Well, that is used for creating units at a location, not at coordinates.
Check for a different native/function that creates units at coordinates, not locations.
(sorry it took me 8 mins, I've been doing homework)

Matemeo

Reaction score
Replace whichLocation with the point you need, such as

JASS:
GetRectCenter(GetPlayableMapRect())     // returns a location

or a local variable you defined previously.

JASS:
call CreateUnitAtLoc(player, &#039;h000&#039;, locationvariable, 270.00)

Ok...in the locationvariable place in the above example, could I have the actual numeric coordinates? Something like this.

JASS:
call CreateUnitAtLoc(player(0), &#039;hfoo&#039;,(500,500), 270.00)
?

Doesn't look right to me :eek: am I way off base? thanks
EDIT: Just saw elmst's post, lemme go try that.
EDIT2: Think I found what I need, CreateUnit takes player id, integer unitid, real x, real y, real face returns unit

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Uhmm... Well, that is used for creating units at a location, not at coordinates.
Check for a different native/function that creates units at coordinates, not locations.
(sorry it took me 8 mins, I've been doing homework)

Well, I know that, but he requested an example for the CreateUnitAtLoc so I gave him one. ;)

@Matemeo: Yup, it takes real x (X Coordinate) and real y (Y Coordinate)... :D

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Lol... Or you could create a dummy unit, get his X and Y coordinates then use them, but that might take a little longer eh? :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.