Question about gameplay constants

IceWarrior98

Reaction score
I have just a couple questions about some constants.

1) HeroXP Gained Creep Reduction Table: Am I correct when I say that the first value deals with creeps the same level as the hero and as the values go down the experience gained lowers (or raises, depends on the values). And does this work with normal units too or is that "Normal, Table"?

2) HeroXP Required: Does this run the same as the "Auto Fill Levels" in the Abilities tab? So if I made a table of required XP I don't need level factor because it'll use my own custom requirements instead?

Sorry of I sound majorly noobish I'm just trying to understand the constants a bit more.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
1) It works with creeps of the said level (in the table) and it defines, in percentage, the experience value of the unit compared to the value it's supposed to give. Setting 100, simply, would mean that every creep gives full experience, regardless of your hero's level. It doesn't take into consideration the level of the hero - it takes the creep's experience, which is already calculating the hero's level.

It doesn't work with normal units.

2) You could set the level factor to 0 and, yes, define your own table of required experience.

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> It doesn't take into consideration the level of the hero

???

If your Hero kills something and is level 1, the first value in the table will be used.
I.e. you get that many % of however much that Creep gives.
If your Hero kills something and is level 2, the second value ...

> if I made a table of required XP

The game will use the table until it runs out of table.
Once it has run out of table, the other values will be used to determine the rest.
So, yes, if your table covers all levels... doesn't matter what the rest looks like.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.