Question re: TFT unit stats

U

Unregistered

it seems the unit stats listed in the object editor are not the same as those in 'standard' tft melee games. e.g. gryphons r listed as having piercing damage rather than magic, sorc base damage is incorrect, etc. so,

Question: How can one get the object editor to default to the 'pure' values w/o listing and re-entering every erroneous value?

thx for any responses, much appreciated

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Rather than have me answer this one, I'll just quote a blizz rep:

To clarify, this is NOT a bug, we did this intentionally. Non-melee maps use the old data (Custom_V#) in order to keep additional balance changes from messing up completed custom maps (the built-in campaign levels are a notable example). Currently the editor always displays the custom data, but if the map is melee it will use the latest patch data in the game.

We are planning to add the capability to manually select which data set to use on a map-specific basis in a future patch.

In the meantime, one way to work around it would be to extract all of the latest patch data files (Units and UI folder), and import them under the Custom_V# (0 or 1 depending on RoC or TFT) folder.

U

Unregistered

hmm....poop. i'm still having issues. the War3Patch.mpq only lists a folder called '~unknowns', which is filled with all sorts of arcane-data-containing files called 'unknown_00003f75' and such. where would i find the unit and ui folders with the latest patch data?they aren't in the War3x.mpq. seems that's the earlier data.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
You need to get the latest version of WinMPQ, old versions will not be able to read war3patch.mpq (and maybe war3x.mpq too).

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.