Questions (special Effects,destroy special effects...)

Trickster

Reaction score
Ahhhh these attachemnts are killin meeee!!!

ok...i made...lol...like...perfect 50 items...that will attach to unit...but well...(I actually knew that i would have these problems with attachments in moment that i saw that freakin trigger) but nvm now...how to make so i remove effect...u know....but not to use DESTROY LAST CREATED EFFECT...cuz that would just example: i get dagger,then get shield then i drop dagger and shield desaper...right??? ...well so...i should use vars ...or what... cant figure out :< (man...50 items....no sleeping for me i just cant leave it like this whole night haha :> it would just be in my head all night ...i would probably have a dreams about it :p)

Edit:almost forgot...how to make to remove effect instantly..cuz i have effect to make like orc is riding a wolf..and when i unload unit...it plays diying animation of orc on wolf haha ^^)

what you should do is give the item an (item) abilty like add +1 armor (just an example) then make it so it adds no armor and make it so it attaches a sword to your right hand that way you dont have to mess with special effects

Destroying SFX are pretty easy. Set it to a "Special Effect" variable and delete it later. Here is the code, sorry, this is off of memory so the triggers might not be exact:
Code:
Special Effect Trigger
Events:
Conditions:
Actions:
Special Effect - Create a special effect on (Chest) of <Unit> using (Doodads\Props\Metal_Armour.mdx)
Set (SFX_var) = (Last created special effect)
Then, when the unit drops the item, do this:
Code:
Special Effect - Destroy (SFX_var)
For more info on effects, read my tutorial. Click Here to view the awesome tutorial. I hope this helps!^^

HEAD BANGER!!! :banghead: :banghead:

No reason, I just did that so he knows. You're way is much better and quicker + easier. :D

because that thing...with ability wont work...i already try..it only works when its ability that is able to be casted...its not working for like item ability that gives +armor (i set attachemt to hand to be axe.mdx but not working...) it would only work if i cast ability of item ...u know......thats why maybe...just maybe its called caster attachment ...and not item owner attachment lol :> if u can make it that way...with item ability +Armor ...u are a genius....but i cant...its just not working :> maybe you can give me screenshot...so i can make it too ^^

Ohh, then just do something like this:
Code:
SFX Trigger
Events:
A unit acquires an item
Conditions:
(Item Being Manipulated) Equal to (Metal Armour)
Actions:
Special Effect - Attach a special effect to the (Chest) of <Unit> using (Doodads\Props\Metal_Armour.mdx)
Set (SFX_Armour[1]) = (Last Created Special Effect)

You can also delete the previous one, but I forgot how. Also, for the SFX_Armour variable, it is "Array" so you don't have to create tons of variables. Keep in mind that this is just an example. I hope this helps! ;)

ill do you one better ill give you a map i just did with the item

Attachments

• item weapon attachment.w3x
    16.1 KB · Views: 94
YESSS that will help for wolf...cuz i cant make item for wolf lol...it would suck....and i figure out how to make this...attachment without special eefects...that Shadow was talking about....so i will use vars only for wolf...cool...learned two things and asked for one ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.