quick animation question!

pneric

Reaction score
im trying to make a unit play his casting/channeling animation during a spell cast, but i cant seem to make it happen, can anyone help? this is my code so far:

Doom Flames Cast Start
Events
Unit - A unit Begins channeling an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Doom Flames
Actions
Set DF_Caster = (Casting unit)
Set DFCastPos = (Position of (Casting unit))
Animation - Play DF_Caster's channel animation

is channel the right word?

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Couldn't you just go to spell animation in the object editor and set it to spell channel? Or does your spell require it to be triggered?

If it needs to be triggered, make sure the unit has a channel animation, then set it to "spell channel".

pneric

Reaction score
Couldn't you just go to spell animation in the object editor and set it to spell channel? Or does your spell require it to be triggered?

If it needs to be triggered, make sure the unit has a channel animation, then set it to "spell channel".

its triggered.

the base skill is STAMPEDE but with a long cast time, my hero doesnt do any animation while casting it, just standing there.

T

The Mapmaker

Maybe the standing there IS the channel animation. Which hero is your hero based on?

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Weird, channeling animation should work o_O..

Are you sure you placed "channel" on the field above icon placement (x or y, forgot =P)..

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
When you try to play your unit animations, click the part where you change the animation. There should be red writing that looks like this:

String 1 + String 2

Make string 1 - spell and string 2 - channel.

See if that works.

pneric

Reaction score
still doesnt work, is it because im CASTING stampede thats why he's not doing any animation?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.