Quick Question about Variables

ZiggyMcjoney

Data editor?! AAAHHHHH!
Reaction score
An integer is a whole number and a real is one with decimals.

So if you wanted to store 4.67, you'd use a real.

If you wanted to store 2, you'd use an integer.

You can also store whole numbers in a real (ie 2.00).

As an example of their use, you'd use an integer to store a hero's attribute in a variable if you wanted to make an attribute-based Damage Over Time spell in GUI.

Andyoyo

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
integer variables are generally for numbers that will be whole numbers: 4, 13, 7 etc.
real variables are generally for variables that will be decimal numbers: 1.342 2.3828 etc.

So you'll probably use an integer variable for a timer (where you'll use whole seconds), whereas you'll use a real variable for damage calculations, or percentages.

Squishy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
They are basically the same thing, they both store numbers, though one has a wider range.

R

Rock Golem

Hello,I'm going around and asking everyone how to get information into a variable, I get what it is but I need to get a quest in one of them.
I want to mark a quest called golem hill as complete but I need it to be in a variable...um...I think,but I can't get it in,I also need to get a get to the top of the hill requirment and later a kill granite golem requirement in the quest,If anybody could help me out here I'd apreciate it

Squishy

Reaction score
The rules state that you shouldn't post in a thread over a month old. As well, you should post questions in new threads. Anyway, you could store quest data in a quest variable.

R

Rock Golem

but how do I do that,Initail value doesn't do anything,do I drag and drop or something?by the way i'll be sure to check the date and post new quetions in a new thread next time

R

Rock Golem

I'm sorry darthfett but where is that?it isn't in events or actions or conditions.i tried looking in the variable editor too but nothing I click does much.

Squishy

Reaction score
It should be an action near the top of the list. Set Variable.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.