Race dependant resource UI

Techide

Reaction score
Hello everybody.

I am making a 1 vs. 1 city -assault/defense map with a couple of different races for each team. So far I'm doing good, but I've run into a situation that leaves me at a loss.

The explanation:

So far I have 2 races for each team. Human and Elves for the defending team, Orcs and Undead for the attacking. Each race is planned to use different resources for unit recruitment, buildings and upgrades.

Example:

Humans use gold for upgrades and buildings, and Morale (Lumber) for recruiting units and heroes while f.ex. Orcs uses Gold for recruiting units, Lumber for erecting buildings and Rage Pool (Food) for available upgrades.

Question:
I don't know if it is even possible, and if not if there is a workaround for my problem, but the thing that I want to do is to have different Resource for each race shown in the UI. I'm guessing it has something to do with the gameplay constants, but when I look in that list, I only see the Icons for the human interface... Is there a way to make the Icon's show differently for each race?

In advance, thanks for any would be useful reply :)

Pharaoh_

The epic journey will soon begin... Prepare!
Reaction score
Well, i don't think so to be honest. Game Constants and Interface change once through the Editor, not in the game. So you want it t be changed up to the race, ha? I don't think so ... ;o

Techide

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, well guess I'll have to make do with gold wood and food then.... :/

Ashcat

Hellooo
Reaction score
Attempting something like this would probably cause server splits and such. If you wanted you could create a multiboard and use that to show resources. And just repace the gold and lumber areas with... time or something generic.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Who prohibits you from using a multiboard?

You can display a multiboard for every player individually and have nice unique icons, as well.

Just search...

Techide

Reaction score
Multiboards!! ofcourse (Doh @ me). Me an my forgetfull mind.

Sure thing, variables all the way........ thanks a bunch!!

(Embarrased) ehm btw, how do I add rep to excellent repliers like you guys?

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The
reputation.gif
button.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.