Radiation Possiblity

Darkenneko

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hello all, right now I'm working on,
sort of a Stalker like map, [It is a Computer game, those who have played it will know what I mean]
Anyways, I've been trying [quite hard] To come up with a trigger that will do radiation.
Right now, Radiation levels are represented by Lumber, at 25, I want your unit to gain a Buff, that Lowers Health per second, and Makes you a bit, Dizzy, [Missing attacks].

Any Help?
Thank You For Reading. =]
-Calvin

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Damage can be done with triggers, or with a permanent immolation spell.
You can use custom value of units, to raise and lower radiation level, and the damage as well.
I'm pretty sure there's a spell which causes the attack to miss, which you can use as well. :p

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
Exide is trying to say, create a dummy unit, order it to cast a spell with buff on the hero/unit you want to be affected by the radiation. The ability might be curse. You can also, instead of damaging via a trigger, you can make this dummy unit have "life regeneration" (its the aura a fountain uses) change it to have a negative regeneration and change targets allowed to ...affect certain units, example; player units / heroes. Now, if the raditation goes down again, just level up the ability Life regeneration (or decrease), where you have set level 2 to be 0 regeneration and affect only ancients. The buff can be removed via a trigger. Should have 1 dummy unit per player. Preplace it on the middle of the map, make the two abilities cast range 99999 and area of effect for regeneration 99999

Darkenneko

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Wow,
Thanks for all the quick replies, also, I understood what Exide was trying to say,
and the Auras fountains use, and with a 9999 range, they would always be draining from heroes from anywhere on the map? Unless your talking about remove the Aura regeneration from it every time.
Ghostwind, 10 Damage per second would be a bit too much, but, still.
I understand what your trying to tell me. Thank You For the Quick Replies, But I'd like to hear some others opinions first. =]

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
>>uras fountains use, and with a 9999 range, they would always be draining from heroes from anywhere on the map?

Level 1 of the regeneration aura: -1 hp each second, range 9999
Level 2 of the regeneration aura: -3 hp each second, range 9999
Level 3 of the regeneration aura: 0 hp each second, range 100

Then when removing the buff, also change the level of the regeneration aura of the dummy unit in the middle of the map. A dummy unit is a unit with abilities like :invulnerable, locust, some other abilities, in this case Curse and Liferegeneration aura. Change the model of it to something invisibile or just write ".mdl" and it will show a green icon in the editor, but no icon ingame? Change the scale to something small? Food 0, shadows none, attacks enabled none, movementtype none....

Darkenneko

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Uh,
I Know what a Dummy is, [I'd smack anyone that doesn't]
Also, you weren't very clear with that in your first post, just a bunch of cluttered text.
But I know what your doing now, it could be done with just removing, and re adding abilities aswell.
Your First post just wasn't the clearest.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.