random hero picking need help

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
ok iv set it all up and working but in my map u can get 3 heros and iv got it so only 1 of each type of hero but if u random a hero it is possible to get 2 of the same type how can i fix this.

by type i mean mountan king/dreadlord and so on

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
thats 1 hero type for 1 player i think

i want it only for. eg 1 player cant get 2 mountan kings

but player 1 and player 2 can get mountan king

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Can't you remove this line then?

Trigger:
  • Player Group - Pick every player in (All players) and do (Actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Player - Make (Unit-type of (Last created unit)) Unavailable for training/construction by (Picked player)

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
when randoming its created not trained..

here
u pick a hero it is mountan king then u want another hero and u random it u got a chance u can get mountan king again i dont want that....

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
So you're trying to basically disable people from randoming the same hero right?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Well set all the variables of all the heroes and everything in map initialization, just like the one in SD_Ryoko's tavern guide. When you random the hero, just remove the Chosen Hero Variable from the various Hero Variables. This will remove the Chosen Hero from being randomed again.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Well since you took the hero out of the possible Hero Variables, it can never be randomed again.

millzy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
where i dont want that ...... i want where if player 1 randoms mountan king player 2 can random mountan king as well............

thats 1 hero type for 1 player i think

i want it only for. eg 1 player cant get 2 mountan kings

but player 1 and player 2 can get mountan king

i already told u this............

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
I asked this.

So you're trying to basically disable people from randoming the same hero right?

And you answered

Well sorry for getting the wrong idea. Well if you have 10 players in your map, maybe it's possible to use 2D Arrays to set 10 sets of Hero Variables?

IAmSoDoomed

Reaction score
would it work like that:confused:
Pick every unit in playable map checking conditons, player equals to what ever the event is and matching unit equals to hero

and condition it that if the Picked unit is the same as the one randomed the unit just gets removed and a new unit gets spawned.

Dest

Reaction score
If you are following this tutorial, you need to remove the variable, and some actions that uses the variable. That's it. If you have made your own trigger, post that and we'll find the bug for you.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.