Regions

Ub3r_

Reaction score
Ok so I have made a region. The purpose of the region is to stop the other team from crossing it. What triggers do I need to make to have this happen? Oh and when they attempt to cross it, can they be teleported to another region or just not be able to cross it, like they are running into a wall or something. But I also what the other team to be able to cross it without any trouble.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
Greetings!

I suggest creating two player group variables, team 1 and 2 in the Variable Editor (Ctrl+X or the yellow 'X' button).

And then the following trigger.

Events
- Unit - A unit enters <restricted region for team 1>
Conditions
- ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is in (<team 1>)) Equal to True
Actions
- Unit - Move (Triggering unit) instantly to (Center of (<allowed region for team 1>))

Obviously, you need another similar trigger to zap those other team's badlings where they belong to!

Yours, Andrewgosu

Ub3r_

Reaction score
<3 I thought it was something like this, lol. Damn I can be gumby sometimes. Nevertheless, thanks :) If I knew how to rep, I would lol.

EDIT: Ohhhh. For the variables, what do I have as the Initial Value? An enemy of the team I don't want to cross? Or...?

Ub3r_

Reaction score
Ahh damn. Sorry for the double post, but I can't find that condition you mention. Will ((Triggering player) is in Team1) Equal To True work?

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
No, it will not have the desired effect.

Use "Player - Player in Player Group" action and when it prompts you to select the player, change "Player 1 (Red)" to "Owner of Unit".

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Just replace (Triggering player) With (Owner of (triggering unit)), check under "Owner of Unit", then pick "Event Response - Triggering Unit".

Ub3r_

Reaction score
No, it will not have the desired effect.

Use "Player - Player in Player Group" action and when it prompts you to select the player, change "Player 1 (Red)" to "Owner of Unit".

Ok thanks. What do I do about the Initial Value for the Variables?

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
Code:
Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player Group - Add (Picked player) to Team[1]
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All enemies of Player 1 (Red)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Player Group - Add (Picked player) to Team[2]

That should work just fine.

Ub3r_

Reaction score
Ok lets go through this 1 step at a time. I have the action and the event all done but as for the condition, what category can I find this in ((Owner of (Triggering unit)) is in (<team 1>)) Equal to True?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.