Remove ping on minimap when unit is trained?

jomik

Reaction score
Is there a way to remove the ping that appears on the minimap when a unit finishes training? - For all units is okay. Would be awesome if it were only for a specific type like Ancients.

Xorifelse

I'd love to elaborate about discussions...........
Reaction score
Think of it like this...

Is there a way to ping for a single unit?

And there is your answer

You need the read the question better, he is not talking about adding a ping.
And no Jamik, pings are event bounded. When a unit is trained, it pings the minimap and by pressing space you can move your camera there.

There are of-course workarounds, but it's best not to change the basics of the Warcraft III engine.
You could also try to ping that specific unit with another color, which would make it more visible.

jomik

Reaction score
Hmm, yeah thought of changing the color of the ping :O But I figured if you had like 20+ buildings, continuesly training animals (which you don't really have to care about) - that's ALOT of pings ...
Can you list those workarounds? :O

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
If you can remove all pings for the map, then you can ping the mini-map for a specific unit is what I was getting at....

jomik

Reaction score
And how would you remove all pings from the map Nestharus? That's what I wanted :O

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
And how would you remove all pings from the map Nestharus? That's what I wanted :O

Can you?

If you can't then don't train the units...

If you can remove all pings for the map, then you can ping the mini-map for a specific unit is what I was getting at....

And CreateUnit() at an interval.... and ping the spot...

Nestharus

o-o
Reaction score
I don't really work with the GUI of WE too often (Object editor etc), but I believe there is a mini-map setting for show on mini map. Try unchecking that for a unit and see what happens.

If it doesn't show ping when not checked, then you can uncheck all units you don't want to be pinged, but this is a long shot.

Also, if you really want to show the creation process and the above doesn't work, you can show a bar when someone selects a spawn area or w/e. You can show it in a multiboard or wherever else. There are plenty of utilities out there for doing this.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.