Removing Leaks

Vänta nu lite jag kom på en sak. Jag har gjort tre arenor så jag kommer att byta mellan de tre hela tiden och därmed ställa om variablerna. Om jag då har de som point variabel så kommer det att leaka varje gång jag byter arena ju. Detta kommer inte hända om jag har regioner. Right? (råkade bli svenska xD)

Vänta nu lite jag kom på en sak. Jag har gjort tre arenor så jag kommer att byta mellan de tre hela tiden och därmed ställa om variablerna. Om jag då har de som point variabel så kommer det att leaka varje gång jag byter arena ju. Detta kommer inte hända om jag har regioner. Right? (råkade bli svenska xD)

Försök att använda engelska på dessa forum. Men kan jag inte hjälpa dig mycket utan engelska. Försök att hitta en bättre svensk talare.

Försök att använda engelska på dessa forum. Men kan jag inte hjälpa dig mycket utan engelska. Försök att hitta en bättre svensk talare.

Mhm jag vet jag har varit här ett tag längre än dig :p. Frågar ändå bara Komaqtion så det spelar ingen roll ;).

Okej. Tja, kan tyvärr inte hjälpa, men min svenska är inte så bra. Kanske kan vi ta detta på ett privat meddelande konversation och jag kunde hjälpa?

Det är okej då. Rykte om att vara en sådan trevlig kille.

Amerika, vet jag lite i svenska skolan och resten jag använder översättaren för.

Men är detta utanför ämnet, om du vill tala, bör vi göra det i privata meddelanden.

Erm, basically clear variables that you won't be using anymore. Putting it at the end of everything should work because, no matter what outcome, the variables will be cleared. But if

If/then/else
If
blah blah blah
Then
Set temppoint = ....
Create unit at temppoint
Else
set integer = .....

In this case, you can always do this

If/then/else
If
blah blah blah
Then
Set temppoint = ....
Create unit at temppoint
call RemoveLocation (udg_temppoint)
Else
set integer = .....

use wc3 tags please , it makes it easyer to read for them

*Easier

And he was obviously writing free hand.

Yes he was . But look , its better even free handed...

Trigger:
  • If/then/else
    • If
    • blah blah blah
    • Then
    • Set temppoint = ....
    • Create unit at temppoint
    • Else
    • set integer = .....
    • In this case, you can always do this
    • If/then/else
    • If
    • blah blah blah
    • Then
    • Set temppoint = ....
    • Create unit at temppoint
    • call RemoveLocation (udg_temppoint)
    • Else
    • set integer = .....

And by the way , we are offtopic here.

Well, why not just make a point for the center of the regions in each of the arenas, and then just use the corresponding ones because it doesn't matter if you have like 4 more leaks or so at map init...

Though, it's your choice, either do that, or you have to destroy the variables after each use ;)

(Ledsen, men mods gillar verkligen inte andra språk på forumet, så dessa diskussioner borde tas på PM... Bara för att vara säkra på att inte få -rep och sånt ;))

Its freehand. Wont turn out good in wc3 tags.

Edit: Aww crap. Forgot to see the page. Anyway, even if I should make it clearer, I don't think by wc3 tags is neccessary, since its not using anything that wc3 tags are made for. Just changing the colours, bolding, underlining, etc. should do the job.

Its freehand. Wont turn out good in wc3 tags.

Edit: Aww crap. Forgot to see the page. Anyway, even if I should make it clearer, I don't think by wc3 tags is neccessary, since its not using anything that wc3 tags are made for. Just changing the colours, bolding, underlining, etc. should do the job.

Skyblade, WC3 tags just make it look nicer and help the people understand. Your free hand often confuses people, so I suggest you keep world editor open on your computer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.