Resurrection Spell

Beriadan

Reaction score
I've scanned the forum and have yet to find a solution for me. The infamous Resurrect Heroes spell. I have it set so that when a hero dies, a trigger plays that waits a time based on the heroes level before reviving him at the player's team base. But then the Priest's ultimate is Resurrection which I want to work on heroes. I've tried several different trigger based methods mentioned here, but none seem to work for me. I've also tried doing this with a dummy spell, but that didn't work either. Can someone build for me a trigger that works for this?

And the trigger I'm using for the hero respawn is http://world-editor-tutorials.thehelper.net/revive.php

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
So how does your Resurrection ability work exactly? Does the priest just target an area? Or is it like the human resurrection? I'll assume that it works like the paladin's resurrection ability.

When a unit dies, you'll want to add the unit to a group. The unit's data still remains for a while to allow for resurrection (I'm not really sure how long). When the priest casts the resurrection spell, we will iterate through that group of "Dead Heroes" and check if any of them are within range. If they are, it will resurrect them (or resurrect just one, it really depends on how your spell works.)

However, there is an issue. If you rez the hero, then you should stop the timer dialog, stop the other trigger's resurrection, etc. Otherwise they might collide. Imagine if the unit died, got rezzed before the first resurrection timer went off, and then died again. He'd get rezzed early because the first timer hadn't finished. Thus, we have to deal with that (lots of ways to do this). Out of curiosity, do you use Jass NewGen Pack? If so, I can write a vJASS code that should be easy to implement and configure. Otherwise I'll try to write a GUI one later on.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.