Returning after a looooong hiatus

wizaerd

Reaction score
I used to mess around with the World Editor several years ago, but since then I've gotten a new computer, I've moved, and have taken a new job. During the course of these events, I've lost lots of documentation I've had printed, links I used to visit, models I've imported, etc...

With StarCraft 2, and it's Galaxy Editor, coming out soon I thought I'd reload up WC3 and the WorldEditor and muck about some more and get reaquainted with some stuff. And of course, the very first problem I run into should be a really easy thing to fix, and yet I can't remember how.

I have searched this site as well as the HIVE WorkShop, and I know I've seen this posted before but I'll be damned if I can find it anywhere.

So here goes... Please, be gentle.

As soon as I start my map, within several seconds it just stops with a Game Over screen... How do I get past this?

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Well, this is because you are using the standard winning-conditions...
Meaning that when there are no more "alive" players, you'll win :D

To remove this, you simply need to remove a singe action in the trigger called "Map Initialization", and the line looks like this:
Trigger:
  • Melee Game - Enforce victory/defeat conditions (for all players)

wizaerd

Reaction score
It was a non-melee map, and I removed the initialization trigger altogether... Anything else I might've done or not done?

BTW, it was a pretty empty map with 1 custom character (Red Player), and 4 footmen (Blue player) and a red starting area/object...

wizaerd

Reaction score
I suppose I need to find and re-read alot of tutorials and documentation then, because I don't recall having to do this before... Either that or it was such an automatic thing I did, I never gave it any real thought...

thanx... I had hoped using the WorldEditor was like riding a bike, you never really forget how no matter how rusty you get...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.