Other Roller Coaster

What Do you think of roller Coaster?

• Cool Game, I would play this, and more then once.

Votes: 85 63.0%
  • Yes Sounds Like Somthing i might would try once.

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • Sounds intersting, But I dont think i would enjoy playing it

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • This is a horrible game idea, or a horrible game idea for warcraft

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I really love the physics on that, it's paying attention to the tiniest bumps in the track.

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score

But I cant really take any credit for that, as risk_fan2 does the physics. Hes done the physics for this game for the last serverl versions. If you watch the old video on the first page, it had my physics. So Ya I am really happy with the current system.

Renendaru

Reaction score
I think it would cooler if you applied a fade filter simulating wind when you exceed a certain speed. That would be very fun for the user, I think at least.

rover2341

Reaction score
Agreed. Any Suggestions or Links to places that could help me out on how to do such a thing?

rover2341

Reaction score
Thanks, But That is just gonna be a static picture, would that really make it feel like there moving?

Renendaru

Reaction score
Display several variations in a cycle...

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
how about adding cool sound effects while on the ride! That would be cool! Like you can here the vehicle or sometin like that moving and metals are going ching ching LOL. Yes, and people screaming WOOO YEAHH SUPER OMG this is thrilling Yeah people screaming like that heheheheheh. There is a way to make a file size of a sound morethan 75% smaller.

rover2341

Reaction score
Version Alpha 2.7d
*Collision is 100% perfect now (You cant make tracks go into other tracks)
*You can now go to 150, instead of 200 as min speed.
*Many Bugs involving Players quitting mid game.
*Removed A unit that came out of reds coaster, that shouldn't have
*When players leave there units leave
*Player 3, had some Building issues, been resolved.
*Question Mark Has been Readded For all players but 6-7. (That will come at some point)
*Shows How many Tracks you've Built in the food section.

Download Here

Other
I Hope To add, Wind Effects Next Version, As for sounds the only thing holding me back is finding some decent sounds that complement each other.

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
Are you crazy enough to ride my coaster?

areyoucrazy.jpg

Why are there track limits? Does it cause fatal error?

Add a background music.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
>Why are there track limits, do they cause fatal error

I've read one of his other threads and it was something like sever lag or fatal error so yeah.

I just made an insane track, I honestly couldn't tell which way was up, but I couldn't figure out how to get even half of it into a sideways screenshot.

Also, could you add a zoom in/out option: I kept building my coaster above the camera limits
And
Whats up with the player 12 section? its an enemy to everyone else but its got a magic vault and towers. Also, I managed to get in there through a hole in the wall (Test it yourself if you don't know where).

Nice game though. Maybe in later versions you could add things like loop pieces or something that build a full loop for you when you click it instead of having to manually make it piece by piece

And

What are the Question marks for?

rover2341

Reaction score
Nherwyziant
No i wont ride your coaster, But cool Ride!

>Why are there track limits, do they cause fatal error

The game data is built on arrays of data, and arrays only go to 8k or something. So I can only use 1k per player. Saving the last bit for a coaster in the middle of the park.
Also If were to change alot of triggers to allow 2x as many. it may lag the game.

Height Limit, So you cant go higher then you can zoom out.

"Add a background music" There is, turn your music on

Joccaren
I added Flags every few tracks so could tell what side of the track your on.

You can zoom in and out. You have to use the camera, top left spell. Use the Up arrow with the camera and zoom all the way out.
(Click on video on first post, either video, and it will show you the camera.)

Thanks for finding the hole. Thats a mini game, its not done yet.

I have heard that suggestion before, I agree that the system currently takes players about 5-10 min to get the basics, and to be able to loops take most 15-45+ to figure out how. But it really depends on the person.

I want to do it, and I don't, as it takes out flexibility, but does lower the learning curve. Its something i want to add at some point, but if i do, i may remove the current system, 2 systems might make things even more complex. So well see.
The Question marks, show you how to do the basics, i just turned them back on in current version. If you click on them you can cast a spell that will put you in a locked 2 min tutorial.

Renendaru

Reaction score
I'd like it better if you calculated the actual amount of players in the game, and then set the limit according to that.

rover2341

Reaction score
The informativeness of the game i was going for will change. And If and when people realize it, they will stop wanting to play with others. Also the concentration of tracks in one spot may make it lag.

Also currently if you use all your tracks your ride last 3-6 min. Thats long. Players Will never know when there gona max out as it will change game to game.

On The Plus side

Its like 1 line of code to change, no one will say they don't want it. Intill the ride a coaster, that takes all day.

Old Way

Trigger:
  • Set MaxTracksPerPlayer = (1014)

New Way

Trigger:
  • Set NumberOfPlayersAtStart = (Number of players in (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)))
    • Set NumberOfPlayersAtStart = (NumberOfPlayersAtStart - 1)
    • Set MaxTracksPerPlayer = (8190 / NumberOfPlayersAtStart)

NumberOfPlayersAtStart - 1, cause not counting the computer player for now.

But, For you. anything. It has been done. :)

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
May i suggest you expand this to some kind of roller coaster tycoon game? where you get to have guests come, make money, lead a themepark?

rover2341

Reaction score
You may, Its planed.

But my steps are....

1.Fix all Bugs, and common pit falls for players.
2.Finsh Mini Games
3.AI Challenge Mode (Basically The Connor stone For theme park)
4.Theme Park Mode (Basically what your talking about)

After Changing code, I tested what happens if you make that many tracks in your build area. What happens is lag. It ran decent on my machine. but the guy i was with was lagging out, almost when he looked at my area. Also the ride, cause i never went down hil till last sec, was so slow it would have took 25 min to finish riding. So dont think it helped much, but i guess at least people are locked down. Here are some pics of it on bottom of my post.

The picture below, is only half the amount of tracks you could build in one player.

Attachments

• 3500 Tracks.jpg
    3500 Tracks.jpg
    568.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 3500 Angle 2.jpg
    3500 Angle 2.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 243

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Do you download the new version in the same place as the old one (Theres no link on your new post)

rover2341

Reaction score
Ya all the download here, buttons, bring you to the latest version. the things i did in the last 2 days arnt up but latest version , go to download here.

Download Here

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.