Other Roller Coaster

What Do you think of roller Coaster?

• Cool Game, I would play this, and more then once.

Votes: 85 63.0%
  • Yes Sounds Like Somthing i might would try once.

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • Sounds intersting, But I dont think i would enjoy playing it

Votes: 11 8.1%
  • This is a horrible game idea, or a horrible game idea for warcraft

Votes: 9 6.7%

• Total voters

Nherwyziant

Be better than you were yesterday :D
Reaction score
Bug found on your latest map (2.9c)

I was kinda busy rite now, so I have a late report. okie dokie. :D

This was made on the world editor, cuz I didn't know your map was amazingly Unprotected.

The 2 bugs still remains, and another bug came.

1. Colliding Tracks

2. Camera Wiggle

3. Spelling Errors

bug2z.jpg
bug3rn.jpg
bug4k.jpg
Aera < Area
Finsh < Finish
Stright < Straight

4. Vegetable Icon

bug1lj.jpg

5. Do not open, plz

Sorry, this is DotA. JM destroyed my iPod
dotap.jpg

Yah i know, 3, n' 4, is not a big bug, but i'm just trying to improve your game cuz i also support roller coaster. I didn't add screenshots for 1, n' 2.

plz fix 1,2, specially 2, it's really annoying, it's forcing me to quit the game.

Oh mighty replay, come forth and reveal the truth.
waching, cheneneneng, boom tarat tarat.:nuts:

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
1. Colliding Tracks
-Ya I know it, Ill keep working on this. Not likely to be fixed in next version as its something i haven't been able to figure out.

2. Camera Wiggle
-Ill watch the replay I don't understand this still, What does camera wiggle mean, What happens?. When does it do this?

3. Spelling Errors
-Ill Fix this.

4.Icons
All the missing Icons are added in current build, but i got a bug i trying to work out. Also it fixed alot of other bugs. This update will come soon.

Other

Ill re-Read your other post about the camera wiggle, but I never understood what you meant.
Thanks for the support. The Replay should help alot, ill check it out now.

About Being unlocked
I may lock the map when I get the game modes done, But keep a unlocked copy of it with the game modes deleted, as i don't mind if others mod it. Also keeping it unlocked, lets others help fix bugs if they are able to understand my code (Its sorta hard and the Colliding Tracks, would be one of the hardest to figure out). But I have had others send me code, and find bugs and show me how to fix it. But the way you do it is just fine too. I like how you have screen shots and replays and text very nice.

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
It's been almost a year since I tested this the last time, and I'm really fascinated over how far this map has come during that time. I'll edit my post with some new feedback.

Edit: The carts move great. No buggy movements like there was a year ago.

I still had to learn the controls because I felt that pressing "W" should make it go forward and not upwards. Your way is more reasonable than mine, but I still had to adjust.

I only played singleplayer, so it makes it harder for me to give feedback, although there's some things I'd like to comment on:

* When I rode my roller coaster from first person view, it was good(although there should be something in between where you see the whole cart that you're riding), then when I changed to the overview, the camera acted weirdly and rotated a lot to get into position. What I'd want is for it to immediately change view to a quite out-zoomed view, not over 5-10 seconds but directly.

* Building was quite hard both when the camera was locked on and when it was not. When it was not locked on, I had to rotate to see what I wanted, but when it was locked on, it rotated the wrong way and blocked my view. Maybe you should be able to change the locked on view? So by default, it's behind the trail when it builds, but you can rotate it 90 degrees and it will show you from the side.

I hope I made it clear. If not, tell me and I'll explain some more. This is only my opinion of course.

rover2341

Reaction score
The Locked Camera
Has been fixed but its in my next update. Basicly the locked camera is offset by 5-15 degrees. So it works out much better.

Change Camera From rideing Cam to Nommal Cam when on coaster
Ill Check it out.

Controls
I still had to learn the controls because I felt that pressing "W" should make it go forward and not upwards. Your way is more reasonable than mine, but I still had to adjust.

Is this what you mean? W Stright, S down, A Left, D Right, And up would be?
OR This? Arrow keys W = Stright, S = Back, A = left , D = right, and arrow keys up and down. for up and down, or R and F for up and down?

I would like to hear how you would like it. And ill test it out with some new players to see if they fair better. Input here is what i am most intersted in at the moment :)

My next update
Auto flatens if you try to hit the ground in 99% of cases. But there is a bug i am trying to fix.
New Icons
New features ect.

rover2341

Reaction score
Version Alpha 2.9d
*New Icons
*If you Build into the ground it auto fix's 80% of the time. Other wise you gota back up.
*Enhanced finish button.
*Many bug Fix's, Mostly on things in the last 2-3 updates.
*Broke Some of stats, Will fix next update.

Download Here

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Arrow keys W = Stright, S = Back, A = left , D = right, and arrow keys up and down. for up and down, or R and F for up and down?

Something like that. Your current way is more logical though, when you get it into your head.

rover2341

Reaction score
Beta .01-.07
*Ai Challenge Mode
*Controls are much more limited when you start but you can turn on advanced controls. (Like being able to go upside down)
*Ai Challange Mode only works 1 player, Ill fix the bug soon.

Download Here

rover2341

Reaction score
For anyone Interested, I created this for Roller Coaster.

Also I am almost done finishing adding the support beams. Ill add pics latter this week.

[GOOG]<iframe src="http://docs.google.com/present/embed?id=dj9xsdb_4c4rd6sfk&interval=15" frameborder="0" width="410" height="342">[/GOOG]

Edit* Its not working for some reason... Here is a direct Link http://docs.google.com/present/view?id=dj9xsdb_4c4rd6sfk&interval=15

rover2341

Reaction score
Pulles, Like in monderan coasters :)

They are put in where ever needed. Or min speed 10 mph. same thing.

rover2341

Reaction score
Support Beams, Are in progress, Here is a screen shot.

Note: This is a work in progress. I still have more work to do to it.

Attachments

• SupportBeams.jpg
    SupportBeams.jpg
    351.5 KB · Views: 433

rover2341

Reaction score
currently ya. but Ill likely have it be 15 or 20 tracks. Also, It will only be put in for tracks that are less then 90 degrees. So no support beams for upside down.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
currently ya. but Ill likely have it be 15 or 20 tracks. Also, It will only be put in for tracks that are less then 90 degrees. So no support beams for upside down.

Shame, why not? You'd just need a custom model with a little bit cut off to let the truck through.

rover2341

Reaction score
Well, For the time being Roller Coaster is on ice, as i going on vacation for a 2 weeks. But Its not that I would mind having support beams for the tracks upside down, I just thought it would hard to get the model for it.

But... The Current Model Might work just fine, Or the same with a different top piece. Ya It would look better if there were support beams when its upside down too.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
Well, For the time being Roller Coaster is on ice, as i going on vacation for a 2 weeks. But Its not that I would mind having support beams for the tracks upside down, I just thought it would hard to get the model for it.

But... The Current Model Might work just fine, Or the same with a different top piece. Ya It would look better if there were support beams when its upside down too.

I agree, but wouldn't it be hard to make sure support beams dont stand on eachother by accident?

rover2341

Reaction score
O no, you mis understood me maybe.

Support beams for all tracks except maybe 90 degrees and if there is a track under that track, don't allow it.

So If I went 40 tracks froward then went upside down over the same tracks in the air, no support beams for those. But that shouldn't happen to often.

HydraRancher

Truth begins in lies
Reaction score
O no, you mis understood me maybe.

Support beams for all tracks except maybe 90 degrees and if there is a track under that track, don't allow it.

So If I went 40 tracks froward then went upside down over the same tracks in the air, no support beams for those. But that shouldn't happen to often.

Ahh I see, however, with the right calculations, this is abusable and you could have a set of 100 tracks where none of them have beams, wouldn't make sense in real life.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.