school closed

pwnagenub2

Reaction score
I'm in virginia and we haven't had actual snow here for, err, 5 years?

And this morning they closed all schools saying a snow storm was coming, and right now it's sunny and cloudless :D

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Lucky :D

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
It snowed here yesterday, despite forecasts of sun and showers.
I go to the highest altitude school in England which regularly has over twice the amount of snow I get outside my house but it rarely closes. It once closed only after just 200 people showed up, struggling through 2 Feet of snow.

Sintoras

Shaaakaa!
Reaction score
Lucky you :D

Here in Vienna theres just about no snow, it does snow sometimes and its freaking cold but the snow dosen't seem to stay put -.-

Good thing is, in the mountains theres lots of snow - good to ski ;)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Florida... Never scene Snow (The closest thing we have to snow days are hurricane days :rolleyes:)

But congratz, you do know you probably have to make up that day xD

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
We don't need to make anything up because it's a Catholic school, so there isn't a required number of hours.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Already a meter of snow here (3 ft).

Typical winter's beginning amount. We expect double the amount of snow by the end. Schools close rarely, usually only during extreme snowstorms and cold temperature. It closed last week for 1 day, when the temperature reached a surprising -34 Celsius degrees during the day (-29 in fahrenheit). Many cars can't even manage to start up.

It takes an heavy snowstorm for the schools to close. Happens about once a year, and we get many snowstorms.

30 cm of snow and it closes, usually (1ft). Depends on the wind.

w/e

Boaroceraptorasaurus-Rex
Reaction score
I'm on a 6 day weekend.
(Supposed to be 4, but things went extra nicely.)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have never ever had to make up a snow day, or any other day in which the school was shut (including gas leaks, buildings sinking into the ground and collapsing, and frozen plumbing system).

Same, I don't think we have to in England (yay! :D)

pwnagenub2

Reaction score
Florida... Never scene Snow (The closest thing we have to snow days are hurricane days :rolleyes:)

But congratz, you do know you probably have to make up that day xD

They actually said it was a Bank day, meaning we don't have to make it up :D. That was the first day that school has been closed ever.

But yeah, I'm from NY, and I remember it used to always snow there, and the schools would be open.

If we get an inch here schools are closed. (which like I said has not happened in years)

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
But yeah, I'm from NY, and I remember it used to always snow there, and the schools would be open.

If we get an inch here schools are closed. (which like I said has not happened in years)

Yup, it could snow 4 feet here and schools wont be closed. I've never actually experienced school closure due to weather and I've lived here all my life

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I live in San Antonio Texas. During the winter it could be 28 one day and then 80 the next. We sometimes have ice days, but never snow days. Sometimes sleet or hail too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.