World Sect holes up in cave to await end of world

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
MOSCOW (Reuters) - At least 30 members of a Russian doomsday cult have barricaded themselves in a remote cave to await the end of the world and are threatening to commit suicide if police intervene, officials and media said Thursday.

"They have covered the entrance and refuse to come out and are threatening to blow themselves up," an official in the local prosecutor's office told Reuters by telephone. "They threaten to detonate a gas tank and blow themselves up."

The cult members, who include 29 adults and four children, are hidden inside a snow-covered hillside in the Penza region of central Russia. A Penza police spokeswoman said they had moved into the dug-out on November 7.

Last edited:

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
Usually when competing cults fail other cults think that they are more right.

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
They didn't tell us when exactly it is that they think the end of the world is going to be so we can all laugh the day after :(

Aqua Dragon

I'm made of water. Remember that now.
Reaction score
What do ya think they're gonna do once they realize the world won't end next may? :p

Berserk

Reaction score
Maybe they'll say that there's some miscalculation in their formulas that they found out that it'll be next may ^^

Edit: or whatever they used to find it out

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
2012?...any takers??? I got me a bomb shelter. Woot!!! J/K. :nuts:

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
The great pyramid of Cheops in Egypt has already (according to pyramidoligists - now that is a pretty neat job title) predicted the Crucifixion of Jesus, World War 1, and has apparently predicted the end of the world in 2979 AD.

So these guys are 972 years early :p
And I can't remember who - or what - it was that predicted 2012...

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
Ayo Wiseman, what up? I want my monkeys back. Lol...

And I can't remember who - or what - it was that predicted 2012...

2012 is predicted by at least two separate and non-linked calculations. Which can be a little disturbing if that's truly the case. The more known of the two is the Mayan Civilization's prediction. The Mayans, who have created the most accurate calendar to date; had a close watch on the stars. I believe their prediction is that earth gets struck by a *celestial body. I can't remember for sure. The Bible speaks of "Wormwood" as such, but there is no mention of date.

*There is known to man, a planet killer on a collision path with earth, but I think it is projected to party with us in 2014, not 2012. Meh.

According to their calendar, the Maya believed that their world would end on Dec 21, 2012; (thats:12-21-12) Of all the dates put forth by prophets and cultures for a doomsday, this is one with a somewhat eerie feel to it.

The other 2012 date is generated from Fractal time and the I Ching, claimed to have been calculated completely independent from Mayan Civilization and may even be recorded in history as such. The fractals here are scary if you go into them only because it goes well beyond coincidences and the dam* numbers all seem satanic to me.

Ronald Weinland - Author of “The Prophesied End-Time” & “2008 - God’s Final Witness” is predicting the end in 2008. If not, it will certainly be the end of his career.

Michel de Nostradame, or Nostradamus (1503-1566). I know you have heard of him. Well some believe to have found codes in his wittings that predict 2008-2012 as the end of humanity.

There is actually quite a stack of evidence towards these dates. There is yet another code found in the Bible that points to this time (2012) Ah, but alas my head is starting to hurt in pondering all this at the moment. For sure there is more, much more, and that's just what I know, so go check some of this out if you are interested.

In leaving I have to say, don't worry about any of this, we all go anyway. In my opinion, just get as close to your Creator now as you can because only he can grant you the freedom to survive eternally - and in contrast to a single date in time, what could anything else matter to that?

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
It's there life why should we care if they want to die the probably have no point in life i.e. they dnt have a job or a good chance at getting one ether.

Father_Yetti

Reaction score
It's there life why should we care if they want to die the probably have no point in life i.e. they dnt have a job or a good chance at getting one ether.

...Well I was almost off to bed, but I can't help but say something. I agree and disagree with you there. It is completely their life and it should be their business. But nothing about what they are doing sounds crazy to me, not a choice I would make personally, but not crazy if you actually believed the world was coming to an end.

And since I haven't actually heard directly form this cult themselves, I'm not going to assume what the press says about them as accurate. For all we know the government could storm in, kill everyone, blow up the cave and say it was the cultist doing. I don't believe this will happen, however,..okay I'm off track, just too tired, sorry.

Where I was going is that you just can't assume these people are necessarily worthless or inept. Have you looked at the skies lately, at night. The Sun, our Sun, is at this current moment not the biggest body in our Solar System. There is Comet Holmes, which has recently exploded for no known or apparent reason and is mushrooming out in a radius larger than the Sun and continues to expand at 1,100 miles/hr.

I'm too typeractive right now and you were prob only kidding but bottom line, just because someone has a different point of view on reality or life; this does not make them worthless. And I for one would not contend that holding a job adds anymore value to an individual beyond worldly gains. And what of that add value to the soul, like you can take any of it with you?

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
What the hell were they thinking? Wouldn't it be better to live your life to the fullest until the great apocalypse, instead of just sit and rot in a cave. >_>

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> According to their calendar, the Maya believed that their world would end on Dec 21, 2012;
No, this is a common mistake.
They never directly said the world will end at that point, their calendar simply ends there. In other words saying that the world will end there might be just like someone saying that it will end 31st December 2099, as that is the furthest some PC calendars go.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.