Attachments

• 12345.w3x
    266.9 KB · Views: 116
  • split1.w3g
    37.9 KB · Views: 97

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
Is it a replay before or after the update?

EDIT:
Ok so server split is manifested by some players not even being loaded in the game.
So the error is somewhere in the init triggers.

A few things I noticed:
1. Castle under attack trigger is fired more than once.
Use a boolean variable to prevent that.
2. This game is waaaay imbalanced, the ONLY hero who got any kills was the dreadlord???

-----------------
Delete the run leaderboard trigger.
And change CreateLeaderBoard to this:
Code:
CreateLeaderBoard
    Events
        Time - Elapsed game time is 7.50 seconds
    Conditions
    Actions
        Leaderboard - Create a leaderboard for (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) titled Kills
        Player Group - Pick every player in (All allies of Player 1 (Red)) and do (Leaderboard - Add (Picked player) to (Last created leaderboard) with label (Name of (Picked player)) and value 0)
        Leaderboard - Remove Player 11 (Dark Green) from (Last created leaderboard)
        Leaderboard - Sort (Last created leaderboard) by Value in Descending order
        Leaderboard - Show (Last created leaderboard)

SaMmM

Reaction score
Something is wrong with the replay... I just watched it.

Me and blue didn't stand there behind the castle for like 1min.
And all the things that happened is not at the right timing in the replay.
And in the game, the leaderboard did showed that we killed units. But in the reply it didn't.

Btw the replay is after the update.

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
GUI is useless for map making...
You should at least learn how to clean up leaks.

I also never use waits for anything, they ALWAYS create trouble,
learn to use timers.

This whole game is one huge bug, we cannot make your map instead of you.
So I suggest you start learning how to be a better mapmaker.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
GUI is useless for map making...
You should at least learn how to clean up leaks.

I also never use waits for anything, they ALWAYS create trouble,
learn to use timers.

This whole game is one huge bug, we cannot make your map instead of you.
So I suggest you start learning how to be a better mapmaker.

Thats what we ALL (nearly) are doing. Learning to be better map makers.

And this is about leaks. Not about "Your map sucks. its a big bug. Learn to map"

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
And this is about leaks. Not about "Your map sucks. its a big bug. Learn to map"

I thought it was about desyncs. :p
And I helped as much as I could spare my time and all you did was start this stupid argue with me with no apparent reason.

stfu&gtfo.

Xenoche

Reaction score
GUI is in no way useless, limited yes, but not useless.

As long as you understand GUI's limitations, it is still possible to make some really fun maps that players enjoy playing within those limitations.

The thing you have to understand is making maps in general takes a large amount of time, so, when you release your map you want it to be in the best shape possible (leak less for a start), so when you are map making ALWAYS clean leaks as you create them, that way once you finish you don't have 1000 leaks that you cant be bothered to clean because you've already spend a large chunk of you life creating the damn thing.

Moral is, look at tutorials on anything and everything you need to understand to make your map, and over time you will gain the knowledge necessary to move on to bigger and better projects. You may run into people who, by default, can be a wee bit belittling to people who use GUI, just ignore their overtly critical comments and focus on what you feel you need to do and learn to achieve what you want, it is your map after all.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
It is about desyncs!
They desync at map init! (Server split)
Which mean?

All your triggers with "map initialization" and "time elapsed" less than 2 seconds (if you got some at time elapsed 3 or 4 seconds, yes, make it 30 and 40 seconds instead), split them all out, over the first 20 seconds. Then in each of these triggers you add "Game display to player 1 red - Name OF the trigger!"... then you should be able to find what trigger is causing this desync.

If that did not help, seriously, delete every trigger you got, save the map (NOTE; save AS [or else you save on your old map, which mean, you have to recreate every trigger, which would be really dumb in many ways]).

If it was one of the triggers, copy paste it (select it, top menu "EDIT" > copy AS TEXT >paste).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.