Service Pack WTF?

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
I have recently bought a new ipod. Switching from Zen to Ipod ment I had to get myself itunes in order to put some music on my mp3. Unfortunately, the freaking thing demanded version 8.0 before it worked, and version 8.0 required windows xp service pack 2 to be installed.

And so I got myself the right version of windows xp service pack 2 and installed the little shiznitch. Every since my computer ceased working. Windows has striken again, I'm sure I'm allowed to say. Now my question is ofcourse: How can I get my computer back to work? It wont even start anymore, it simply loads forever.

Another solution would be reinstalling windows. But I still wouldn't be able to put songs on my ipod. My second question therefor is: Is there any safer way of installing windows xp service pack 2 or an alternative method to put songs on my ipod?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
system restore to get rid of SP2, instead of reinstalling windows, but to get songs on to it im not sure

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Did you get the Service Pack straight from Windows Update?

And try booting into safemode then system restoring.

sjakie

Cookie Be Awesome!
Reaction score
Aight, I did System Restore and managed to het the computer working again. I dont know where I got the update from, honestly. I simply searched google for the dutch version of windows xp service pack 2, and downloaded it. Looked fine and all untill I turned off my computer, as it refused to go on again.

ManyTimes

I'm so lonesome I could cry...
Reaction score
>>I simply searched google for the dutch version of windows xp service pack 2, and downloaded it.

Well done! :)

Tried service pack 3 instead??? Try download it from a proper site like, ehm... microsoft?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.