Set the duration of 'ammo'

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a question about the 'archon-psionic-shockwave' weapon/actor
When the archon fires, the shockwave touches the enemy for about 1/2 game seconds

Well I try to change this to 0.5 seconds
So what I mean is when the archon fires, the shockwave-beam must disappear already after 0.5 seconds and not staying for 1/2 seconds

I have a feeling there is some simple solution for this but I just can't find it

MissKerrigan

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
For the record. 1/2 is the same as 0.5, so it already disappears after 0.5 seconds.

When it comes to changing the duration, there are two solutions. You an either cut off the animation so it only plays the first 0.5 seconds or you can speed up the animation so it finished in 0.5 seconds. Which one do you want?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
For the record. 1/2 is the same as 0.5, so it already disappears after 0.5 seconds.

When it comes to changing the duration, there are two solutions. You an either cut off the animation so it only plays the first 0.5 seconds or you can speed up the animation so it finished in 0.5 seconds. Which one do you want?

(I think he means 1 to 2 seconds ;) )

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
it's not working :(

I went to the 'models' tab and decreased the animation speed of the 'psionic shockwave'
The result now is that the shockwave goes very FAST but it still takes 1.0/1.5 seconds before the shockwave disappears

(and yes X-maul, I meant 1 to 2 seconds)

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
There might be a better way to do this, but what I would do is to remove it through actors. Go into the actor that handles the shockwave. Open the Events: Events + field. Create a new event and set it to Actor Creation. Set the action to "Timer Set". Give the timer an unique name like "DestroyShockwave" and give it a base time of 0.5.

This means you start the "DestroyShockwave" timer when the actor is created(when the beam is created). Now you only have to destroy it when the timer expires.

Create a new event and set the event to Timer expires. Right click on it and press "Add term". Set the term to "TimerName". Set the name to DestroyShockwave. Set the action to Destroy.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.