Setting upgrade level to 0

Roku

Reaction score
Hey, i'm making this hero that uses combo points just like in WoW, and i want to show how many combo points it has by using upgrades, so the little number near the attack type icon indicates the number of them. The only problem i have is that i cannot set that number back to 0, after the hero uses a "finishing move" that consumes all his current combo points. +rep if u can help in any way :)

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
Researches can be not be unresearched.
And, actually, the hint text on the action says so...

You could try with a second upgrade that undoes the effect of the first one.
Though, not usable with the potential number of levels you would need.

Find some other way of doing that...

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
You can't.
Upgrades cannot be 'downgraded'

EDIT:
A bit late :p

Roku

Reaction score
Well i read that tip from the actions page, but i thought u could bypass it somehow. Anyway, i decided to do it in some other way. Still i need help :banghead:.

Since all heroes have their spells added through triggers, i decided to symbolize the combo points using unspent skill points. The thing is i need it so, that when the hero wants to click on it and "learn a spell" nothing happens. So you just see you have unspent skill points, but cant access the "learn skill" page. I saw in this map TKoK, that when the player clicks the learn ability tab, it disappears, and u get an actions menu instead of your inventory and when u click the cancel button (or practically item, i dont know) in your inventory, the little red plus reappears.

Roku

Reaction score
Well i tryed doing it using

Code:
Reset red button
    Events
        Game - The 'Hero Abilities' button is clicked
    Conditions
    Actions
        Game - Force (Triggering player) to press Escape/Cancel

but i dont understand why doesnt it work.

Beast

Reaction score
I'd say an easier way then that is just make some dummy ablities that are just like auras that don't do anything(so you can't click on them) and their icons can be a number of some kind that would correspond to how many combo points they had. So just change which dummy aura they have when they gain or lose them.

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
> I saw in this map TKoK, that when the player clicks the learn ability tab, it disappears, and u get an actions menu instead of your inventory and when u click the cancel button (or practically item, i dont know) in your inventory, the little red plus reappears.

Then it's not the 'Learn Ability' button.

Roku

Reaction score
Well the problem with dummy auras would be 2:

1) i don't know what icon with number to assign them
2) and this is the bigger one, if for example a player uses an ability that adds 2 combo points, how would i manage to do "Set combo points = current combo points + 2" if i use a different aura for every combo point.

So i'm still stuck :confused:

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
If you use a dummy ability to represent combo points you will only need one ability (make it a normal ability), and you just give it 7 levels (make level 1 of the ability equal to 0 combo points, level 2 to 1 combo point, etc). Every time the unit gains a combo point you upgrade the level of the dummy ability by 1. You can put how many combo points the unit has in the abilities tool tips. When the unit uses its ultimate you can just set the ability back to level 1.

Just add the ability to the unit's normal abilities in the object editor and set its x and y icon positionings to a spare slot in your units ability slots. Icon positioning works like this -

Code:
^ 0 _|_|_|_|
^ 1 _|_|_|_|
^ 2 _|_|_|_|
X   0 1 2 3
Y >  >  >  >

so, as an example x-0 y-0 is the top left corner of a units action grid, and x-2 y-3 is the bottom right.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.