Sight Radius Decrease (Negative Ultravision?)

Lifespiker

Reaction score
Hi all. New to the forums and to triggering in War 3 Map Editor. Just curious if there was any way for me (using conventional triggers, I'm not a programmer) to reduce the sight radius of a hero. I want an ability that essentially makes the target blind by lowering their sight radius to, say, 100.

I have tried everything I can think of and can't figure it out. It may not be possible. . .

Any ideas?
Thanks, Lifespiker

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I don't know if you've tried using a negative Ultravision, but to be able to use negative values in the object editor, you need to check this field:
File -> Preferences -> General -> Allow negative real values in the Object Editor :D

_whelp

Reaction score
If you want negative without changing any game constants, hold shift, open the specified object editor field, then enter a negative.

Lifespiker

Reaction score
OK so I have made a negative ultravision Upgrade (Which is the only place I can edit the Sight Radius to be negative) and I have made an ability called Negative Ultravision (This ability has no fields that I can even SET to a negative value) I'm working on it. . .but we will see.

Lifespiker

Bird

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ultravision does not do what you want, by default. Ultravision simply makes the night vision the same as day. There is no math going on.

But you can take *any* upgrade, and change "Data - Effect 1" to "Sight Range Bonus" and play with the numbers.

Lifespiker

Reaction score
OK now a bit more help.

OK I can see that, so that's good. But then, how do I make unit have that upgrade for a little while and then get rid of it with triggers? Like a unit can have a negative upgrade when hit with a spell.

I want to be able to shrink their sight radius for a short time when my Blind spell is cast on them, then restore it to normal after a few seconds. Is this possible in any way?

Gtam

Lerning how to write and read!! Yeah.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • TH
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Ultravision to 0 for (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast))

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>how do I make unit have that upgrade for a little while and then get rid of it with triggers?

Sorry, no. You can't reverse upgrades.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
There is indeed an ability, that can be used to decerease sight range with negative values. ( Item sight range bonus )

It just has a one little problem.

It bugs somehow. You can use it to decerease range, but when you try to incerease range back tp hat it was, it buggs and range gets stuck to 0.

edit. Actually, could someone test this for me? Make unit with 0 sight range, and Item Sight Range ability with multiple levels each giving more sight range. Add ability to unit, and check if you can change its sight range by using SetUnitAbilityLevel.

Lifespiker

Reaction score
Actually I figured it out. Just make a negative Item Sight Bonus, turn it into a unit ability and have the spell give it and take it away from people. Now the enemy heroes cannot see as I sneak around them!

Lifespiker

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.