Silly buff issue. Help?

Nureru

Reaction score
I'm making a spell based off Breath of Frost, but it's going to be cast on paused units. It doesn't seem to want to give the buff to any of the units it hits, I'm guessing as a result of this. Is there an easy way to work around this, or should I just try to pick the units that would get hit manually with elaborate triggering?

Nenad

~Choco Coronet~ Omnomnom
Reaction score
Well, i suppose you have a trigger pausing units, but why not just stun the units? It's the same effect without having any elaborate triggering Unless you want them to Pause at their exact animation (Frozen). Then why not just pause the animation and stun the unit? Can that be done ^^;?

Nureru

Reaction score
I'm making a turn based game. Only one unit should be doing anything at any given time, so pausing all the others seemed to make the most sense to me. It just creates stupid problems with the way they handled pausing in WC3 :/

Moridin

Snow Leopard
Reaction score
You could try:

1) A somewhat revamp. Instead of pausing all unused units, stun them all for infinite duration....and remove the stun buff / add the buff again using triggers.

2) When the unit targets others in this cone, mathematically assign all units being targeted to a unit group, de-pause them, stun them, wait, un-stun, pause them.

Hope that helps.

avalya

Reaction score
Well, i suppose you have a trigger pausing units, but why not just stun the units? It's the same effect without having any elaborate triggering Unless you want them to Pause at their exact animation (Frozen). Then why not just pause the animation and stun the unit? Can that be done ^^;?

Pausing the exact moment (animation) is not done using Pause, but setting Animation Speed to 0%, fyi.

And yes you could do that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.