Skill Trigger Request

SamYoon

Reaction score
I want to make a skill that is something like Battery Assault in DotA,( it is a skill tht after the caster casted it, it will shoot something out of the caster and damages+stuns a random enemy nearby every 1 seconds. The caster doesn't has a buff.) The skill i wanna make is called Artillery Strike, whcih the caster causes damage in a small AOE of it's current position every 0.7 seconds that lasts 12 seconds. It requires to many variable with array and it really confuses.

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Do something like:

Trigger 1:
Event
A unit beings the effect of an ability
Conditions
Ability being cast equals to Battery Assault like spell
Actions
Set Caster = triggering unit
Turn on Trigger 2
Wait 12 seconds
Turn off Trigger 2

Trigger 2:
Event
Periodic event - Every 0.7 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Pick every unit within 200 range of Caster and cause Caster to deal (your damage here) of damage type normal.

Hope that works!

TomTTT

Reaction score
Do something like:

Trigger 1:
Event
A unit beings the effect of an ability
Conditions
Ability being cast equals to Battery Assault like spell
Actions
Set Caster = triggering unit
Turn on Trigger 2
Wait 12 seconds
Turn off Trigger 2

Trigger 2:
Event
Periodic event - Every 0.7 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Pick every unit within 200 range of Caster and cause Caster to deal (your damage here) of damage type normal.

Hope that works!
In multiple-players games - this won't work. You have to make an array, which is pretty simple. You need to make 1 Unit array, size 13 (Considering you will have 12 players), suggested named Caster[1/2/3/4/5...] and 2 Unit Group variables. Also Point variable is needed to prevent leaks.
Trigger:
  • Trigger 1 Begin
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Animate Dead
    • Actions
      • Set tmpInt = (Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))
      • Set SpellCasters[tmpInt] = (Triggering unit)
      • Wait 12.00 seconds
      • Set SpellCasters[(Player number of (Owner of (Triggering unit)))] = No unit

To set the caster and make sure the units are affected, then, after 12 seconds, make sure he no longer affects them.
Trigger:
  • Trigger 2 Effect
    • Events
      • Time - Every 0.70 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to (Number of players in (All players matching (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing))), do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set tmpPoint = (Position of SpellCasters[(Integer A)])
          • Set tmpUnitGroup = (Units within 250.00 of tmpPoint matching (((Owner of (Matching unit)) is an enemy of (Player((Integer A)))) Equal to True))
          • Unit Group - Add all units of tmpUnitGroup to spellAffectedUnits
          • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_tmpUnitGroup)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_tmpPoint)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in spellAffectedUnits and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set life of (Picked unit) to ((Life of (Picked unit)) - 10.00)
      • Unit Group - Remove all units from spellAffectedUnits

Adding all units sorrounding all the casters to a unit group variable, then damaging them all.
In the trigger, i also forgot the custom script to destroy the group spellAffectedUnits... so:
Trigger:
  • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_spellAffectedUnits)

Hope it helped! :thup:

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
You could also try creating an ability that applies a buff the the casting unit for 12 seconds, and change the buff icon to nothing so that no buff shows on the caster. Then make this trigger:
Trigger:
  • trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff "Your Buff") Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of (Picked unit)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Note: This leaks.

TomTTT

Reaction score
You could also try creating an ability that applies a buff the the casting unit for 12 seconds, and change the buff icon to nothing so that no buff shows on the caster. Then make this trigger:
Trigger:
  • trigger
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching (((Matching unit) has buff "Your Buff") Equal to True)) and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Cause (Picked unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 500.00 at (Position of (Picked unit)), dealing 100.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Note: This leaks.

Leaks twice :D
Unit group and Point.
I wouldn't suggest using this tho, since it's IMMPOSSIBLE to add a buff to a unit :) I even got a thread of me asking if it's possible xD

Ryushi

Reaction score
As I said, use an ability that applies a buff to the caster, for example the Orc ability Berserk. You can then change its buff icon to nothing and the buff won't show up. But the buff can still be detected in triggers like how I did in my previous post.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Tom, Waits are bad, he may need it MUI, but all you guys are doing too much work, Theres supposed to be a ministun, therefore, make a dummy unit give it storm bolt dealing X amount of damage, set the level of the dummys storm bolt to the level of the ability you're casting, set the stun to like .1, then pick a random unit in X range every .7 seconds, or w/e and create a dummy unit, order it to cast storm bolt on the target, clear leaks and reset it

Ryushi

Reaction score
I think when he was talking about an ability the stuns a random unit every one second, he was referring to Battery Assault, not the ability he wants made.

I believe my method is simple enough, one short trigger and no variables needed, you just need to modify the Berserk ability. It's also MUI.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Ryushi, mine would also work, just a bit better I believe, because storm bolt is a more efficient thing to use, and mines just 2 very short triggers. At least I think so, Storm Bolt is a base spell, and the stun would be SO easy to do, its ridiculous

Ryushi

Reaction score
I believe the ability he wants just needs to deal AoE damage, and doesn't need to stun. I think he was referring to Battery Assault when he mentioned stuns. If I'm wrong and he is indeed asking for an ability that stuns, then yes your method would be the best.

DioD

Reaction score
Battery Assault dummycast stormbolts on nearby enemy units, it stuns units, but only 1 at time.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.