Skip Cinematic Actions

Drazhar

Reaction score
How do I make a trigger to skip all remaining actions in a cinematic trigger? Right now it works but the text that's meant to come up still comes up after it's been skipped. I can't work out how to use the trigger "Skip remaining actions" to work on the specific trigger when the Escape button is pressed.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Skip remaining actions just ends the trigger when it is run.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Open up the blizzard campaign maps. They are not protected. Just look at how Blizzard structured their cinematic scenes in the campaigns and copy it over to your map.

Drazhar

Reaction score
where are they located? I checked all the folders in the warcraft 3 folder, using the campaign editor to try and find them as well as the map editor.

tommerbob

Reaction score
WC3 > Campaigns > DemoCampaign

Open that campaign, and edit the maps. Go into the trigger editor and you will find alll of the cinematics.

Drazhar

Reaction score
The DemoCampaign file isn't in there, not sure why... "sigh" thanks though, giving you rep for the help

tommerbob

Reaction score
It's not? That's really weird. You are going through the Campaign Editor right? Module > Campaign Editor?

Drazhar

Reaction score
Nope, my only other alternative to getting that campaign would probably be to reinstall wc3, though im not sure why its not there right now, I dont recall ever removing it nor why i'd want to

tommerbob

Reaction score
Yes that is really weird. Obviously since you can't look at them, I'll post them for you. Here are the triggers for the first cinematic from the first demo map. I apologize for their length...

The first trigger is the actual cinematic. I deleted the last half of the trigger because, well, it was just too damn long. (yes, that is only half the trigger).

The second trigger is when the player presses the escape key (skips the cinematic).

Hopefully you get the idea of what you need to do from these:

Trigger:
  • Intro Cinematic Q
    • Events
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set InCinematic = True
      • -------- Fade Out --------
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 0.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • -------- Set Up Scene --------
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode On for APG1_Player
      • Trigger - Run Intro Setup <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Camera - Apply Intro01A <gen> for AP1_Player over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Apply Intro01B <gen> for AP1_Player over 9.00 seconds
      • -------- Fade In --------
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 2.00 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Animation - Play Peon01's Walk Gold animation
      • Unit - Order Peon01 to Move To (Center of Peon01B <gen>)
      • Animation - Play Peon02's Walk Lumber animation
      • Unit - Order Peon02 to Move To (Center of Peon02B <gen>)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Sound - Set volume of RollingThunder1 <gen> to 70.00%
      • Sound - Play RollingThunder1 <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn on Intro Skipped <gen>
      • -------- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --------
      • -------- CINEMATIC BEGINS - Cinematic Can Now Be Skipped --------
      • -------- xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx --------
      • -------- Scenic shot --------
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • If (IntroSkipped Equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
      • Sound - Set volume of Seagull1 <gen> to 70.00%
      • Sound - Play Seagull1 <gen>
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • If (IntroSkipped Equal to True) then do (Skip remaining actions) else do (Do nothing)
      • Wait 2.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 0.50 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • -------- Thrall on the beach --------
      • Camera - Apply Intro02A <gen> for AP1_Player over 0.00 seconds
      • Camera - Apply Intro02B <gen> for AP1_Player over 6.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Thrall named Thrall: Play No sound and display It was lucky we hap.... Modify duration: Set to 6.00 seconds and Don't wait
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 0.50 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 6.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 0.50 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Camera - Apply Intro04 <gen> for AP1_Player over 0.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade in over 0.50 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 0.25 seconds
      • Unit - Order Grunt01 to Move To (Center of Grunt01Dest <gen>)
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Grunt01 named Grunt: Play No sound and display Warchief, half of t.... Modify duration: Set to 5.50 seconds and Don't wait
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Unit - Make Thrall face Grunt01 over 0.20 seconds
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Unit - Order Thrall to Move To (Center of ThrallIntro01 <gen>)
      • Sound - Set volume of RollingThunder1 <gen> to 70.00%
      • Sound - Play RollingThunder1 <gen>
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Thrall named Thrall: Play No sound and display We had better get s.... Modify duration: Set to 5.50 seconds and Don't wait
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • -------- Base construction --------
      • Camera - Apply Intro05A <gen> for AP1_Player over 0.00 seconds
      • Trigger - Run Create Peon03 <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Trigger - Run Create Peon04 <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Unit - Create 1 Great Hall for AP1_Player at (Center of StartingTownHall <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Orc Burrow for AP1_Player at (Center of StartingBurrow02 <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Order Grunt01 to Move To (Center of Grunt01End <gen>)
      • Unit - Order Raider01 to Move To (Center of Grunt03End <gen>)
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Sound - Set volume of Seagull1 <gen> to 70.00%
      • Sound - Play Seagull1 <gen>
      • -------- Shaman sense that something is wrong --------
      • Unit - Order Shaman01 to Move To (Center of Shaman01Dest <gen>)
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • Unit - Order Shaman02 to Move To (Center of Shaman02Dest <gen>)
      • Unit - Order Thrall to Move To (Center of ThrallIntro02 <gen>)
      • Unit - Order Shaman01 to Stop
      • Unit - Make Shaman01 face Thrall over 0.20 seconds
      • Trigger - Turn off WorkingPeon01A <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off WorkingPeon01B <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off WorkingPeon02A <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off WorkingPeon02B <gen>
      • Unit - Order Peon01 to Move To (Center of Peon01A <gen>)
      • Unit - Order Peon02 to Move To (Center of Peon02A <gen>)
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Shaman01 named Shaman: Play No sound and display Warchief, I sense s.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Don't wait
      • Wait 4.00 seconds
      • Camera - Apply Intro05B <gen> for AP1_Player over 4.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from Thrall named Thrall: Play No sound and display Hmmm.... Modify duration: Add 0.00 seconds and Don't wait
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • -------- Thrall casts Far Sight and sees the Sentry Wards --------
      • Sound - Reset all volume channels to 100%
      • Unit - Order Thrall to Orc Far Seer - Far Sight (Position of Thrall)
      • Wait 3.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Fade out over 0.25 seconds using texture White Mask and color (0.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
      • Wait 0.25 seconds
      • Sound - Setup all volume channels for speech

Trigger:
  • Intro Skipped
    • Events
      • Player - Player 1 (Red) skips a cinematic sequence
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Set IntroSkipped = True
      • -------- Fade Out --------
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • -------- Cleanup --------
      • Trigger - Run Intro Cleanup <gen> (checking conditions)
      • -------- Start AI, Let AI Settle Down --------
      • Trigger - Run Start AI <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Wait 1.00 seconds
      • Cinematic - Turn cinematic mode Off for APG1_Player
      • -------- Fade In --------
      • Wait 0.50 seconds
      • -------- Start Game --------
      • Trigger - Run Gameplay <gen> (checking conditions)
      • Set InCinematic = False
      • Trigger - Remove Intro Cinematic Q <gen> from the trigger queue

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New recipe is another summer dessert Berry and Peach Cheesecake - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-berry-and-peach-cheesecake.194169/

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.