Sliding Problem

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
It isn't for a maze, sort of.
I am making a racing game, and you move by using the arrows.
The moving is the same sort of thing as the sliding, move the units by offset towards here.

I am having problems making walls, I use barrels. The problem is, the cars drive right through them.

Can someone tell me something I can do? I would like it if I could just change the pathing to something, the blockers doesn't work..

Void

Reaction score
I would help if I knew much about offsets, which I don't. Can I have rep for the thought? :p

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
It doesn't have much to do with offsets.

I am just using the function move unit instantly to here, and it does it about 33 times a second. o.o I would think if the trigger moved it to a place where units can't walk, it would just move it to the nearest possible spot..

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Nah, sliding triggers will move your unit out of bound if you don't stop it. Anyways try detecting if the barrels are in the way of your unit, and simply stop sliding it if there is.

Azylaminaz

Vox Populi
Reaction score
How would I do this? Move a tiny rect in an offset infront of the unit by so many degrees? And check if a barrel is in the rect? Any other ways?

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
Make a unit group that is set to everything in range of the unit matching it is not of race car type?
If number of units in that group is > 0, then make the offset a negative number.

~GaLs~

† Ғσſ ŧħə ѕαĸε Φƒ ~Ğ䣚~ †
Reaction score
I think u need this
Code:
Destructible - Pick every destructible within 256.00 of (Position of (Triggering unit)) and do (Actions)
    Loop - Actions

Then check if the unit/destru in the group whether is > 0 or <0
If >0 then order the sliding unit to stop...
If <0 then do nothing

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
>The problem is, the cars drive right through them

Why not give your barrels collision?
ie: Changing the model file of a tree to a barrel, for a vague thought.

Also obviously make sure that your racer units have collision.

If not, take everyone else's advice, and detect if a destructible is within range.

mr-death

Acolyte
Reaction score
Using If

If you want, you can use Pick Destructible, and If Then Else

Firstly,

Add "Dest" Integer Variation with no Arrays

Second,

Add "Pick Every Destructible in Circle And Do Multiple Actions" BEFORE the sliding actions:

Code:
Destructible - Pick every Destructible within 60.00 of (Target Point of sliding)
     Loop - Actions
          Set Dest = Dest + 1

Finally,

Add

Put The Sliding Actions IN the If Then Else Multiple Functions;

Code:
If (All Conditions are True) then do (Actions) else do (Actions)
     If - Conditions
          If Dest Equal to 0
     Then - Actions
          [[B][U]PUT THE SLIDING ACTIONS HERE[/U][/B]]
          Set Dest = 0
     Else - Actions
          Set Dest = 0

mems

Memory Lapse
Reaction score
other method just place some regions near walls and if a unit enter this regions stop the sliding and slide the unit backwards like a crush effect

instead of region u can check the pathing of "go to point" on each slide step to define if its pathable or not if yes stop sliding..

emootootoo

Top Banana
Reaction score
Move the racers based on terrain and put a slower terrain around the track, so if they go off they slow down, and then the player can just drive back onto the track. Put boundaries around the slow terrain and it wont matter, because no-one will ever get to them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.