Smoke grenade ability

Paladin

Reaction score
hi, im making a map where a unit can throw a smoke grenade. i already have it so it creates the cloud and deletes it over x seconds, but what is the easiest way to make it so if any unit is in the cloud, they move 25% slower?

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Use the spell "Cloud" under units ability. Just order a dummy unit to channel the spell.

LmmcDarkY

Reaction score
I think the easiest would be making spell with point and create dummy unit in that point which model would be cloud and add him these abilities - Locust (unselectable), Invulnerable (so it could not be killed), and custom Endurance aura ability (about it below)

Create endurance aura ability with Data - Movespeed Bonus set -0.25 and tagets Enemy,Neutral so that cloud would slow all enemy and neutral units by 25%. Just set needed aoe.

NOTE - to set -0.25 you need to shift+enter click that instaed of just enter (that allows to insert negative values)

Paladin

Reaction score
the cloud by itself does provide slow effect(movespeed and attack speed)

k thanks for all the help. i did forget to mention in the original post was that i didn't want the cloud to be casted by whoever threw the grenade. just wanted it to be thrown and for the cloud to keep going. but i went with the locust unit in the middle of the cloud and having him with an aura, since it should slow allies and enemies.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
k thanks for all the help. i did forget to mention in the original post was that i didn't want the cloud to be casted by whoever threw the grenade. just wanted it to be thrown and for the cloud to keep going. but i went with the locust unit in the middle of the cloud and having him with an aura, since it should slow allies and enemies.

That's why you create a dummy unit to channel the Cloud.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.