Sneak peak of tomorrow's World Editor

Did you like the preview?

• Total voters

Zoxc

Reaction score
This is a sneak peak of my upcoming map editor.

Features:
  • Browse for maps
  • Edit JASS triggers
  • Simple syntax highlighting
  • Unicode support
  • Load trigger data
  • Save trigger data (GUI triggers will be empty)

Please report if WE (Blizzard's) won't open the map you saved or if my map editor won't open a map Blizzard's WE can.

Please post only bugs here.

For more information, suggestions, input and ideas post in this thread:
A new World Editor?

Here is some older screenies:
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/1717/preview9le1.jpg

Attachments

• MapEditor.zip
    668.7 KB · Views: 607
T

team.ism

Not sure if this was meant or not.

In the Gameplay Constants Editor, the width of the columns in the gridview cannot be changed unless the value column is put in front of the constant column. Once the value column is in front then the width may be changed.

This is obviously not a huge deal but I am very picky when I make my own programs, so this bothered me.

That is all for now. Awesome work.

Edit: More Bugs

Attached are screenshots.
Err_1 is a weird bug. When I opened the map and clicked on the Initialization Folder a trigger came up. As you can see the trigger is not in the tree. Though it does exist in the map.
Err_2 is what happened when I right clicked on the action in the trigger shown. Also, is it supposed to be Player00?
Err_3 is what happened when I double clicked on the title bar. (To maximize the window) It did this whether Maximizing or Minimizing the window.

All these errors happened when both the exe and the dll were on my desktop.

Attachments

• Err_1.png
    Err_1.png
    38.2 KB · Views: 447
  • Err_2.png
    Err_2.png
    45.7 KB · Views: 421
  • Err_3.png
    Err_3.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 374
C

CryptWizard

Looks good so far, can see it still needs some work though. :)

MuZu

Reaction score
holysh*t nice work man!Thanks i love you will you marry me and be my wife?

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
CryptWizard said:
Looks good so far, can see it still needs some work though. :)

Yeah, all I see when I open it is the Trigger Editor, Gameplay Constants, Map Description, and all the things that were loaded into the map :( . This will need a lot of work! I'll come back when it's fully ready okay Zoxc. :)

Zoxc

Reaction score
team.ism said:
Not sure if this was meant or not.

In the Gameplay Constants Editor, the width of the columns in the gridview cannot be changed unless the value column is put in front of the constant column. Once the value column is in front then the width may be changed.

This is obviously not a huge deal but I am very picky when I make my own programs, so this bothered me.

That is all for now. Awesome work.

Edit: More Bugs

Attached are screenshots.
Err_1 is a weird bug. When I opened the map and clicked on the Initialization Folder a trigger came up. As you can see the trigger is not in the tree. Though it does exist in the map.
Err_2 is what happened when I right clicked on the action in the trigger shown. Also, is it supposed to be Player00?
Err_3 is what happened when I double clicked on the title bar. (To maximize the window) It did this whether Maximizing or Minimizing the window.

All these errors happened when both the exe and the dll were on my desktop.
Ok, Error 1, 2, 3 fixed. It's not support to be Player00, but it don't read presets (yet) so it uses codename instead.

For the first one I'll try to find a nice way to resize the columns, but TVirtualTreeView (which I use there) is a bit cranky about resizing :/

ragingspeedhorn

Is a Banned Asshole
Reaction score
If I were actually still actively modding wc3 this would be great, you should have made this a half year ago instead Zoxc! :p

Daelin

Kelani Mage
Reaction score
Okay... It is pretty good for now. However, there are a few stuff take make it unusable. First thing is the fact that you cannot add new triggers at all. Quite a drawback, don't ya think? Secondly, you can't add Events, Conditions & Actions either. Again, big drawback. I understand this is still WIP and I really hope you are working on these.

You should also make syntax highlighting for blizzard functions. It is useful when you mess up typo.

And I also have a suggestion for making it even better than the original WE. Why not allow us to mess up with the upper part of map's script? Place where globals are declared, mapsize and other stuff. If you added these features mentioned here, I would definitely use it!

I also got an ugly crash when I tried to scroll (with mouse scroll) while selecting.

~Daelin

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
It didnt even run! Thats cause I have a Mac.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> It didnt even run! Thats cause I have a Mac.
duh, its made for windows :rolleyes: :nuts:

D

deathtomato

Wierd.... Is it possible to see the actual map?.... i cant work out how to work the damn thing lol. Also, when i click "copy trigger code to text" it tells me that its out of memory... Still it still *feels* awesome.

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
deathtomato said:
Is it possible to see the actual map?

In the discussion thread, he declared he won't do the terrain editor, maybe only a 2D one.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Synji said:
very cool now if i can somehow get good at makin triggers... :banghead:

Learn some basic JASS and your in :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.