Some basic trigger help

Banes

Reaction score
That is beautiful and short . . lol

I gotta work on getting my triggers clean once I actually get them to work. lol

New question!!! whooo?

It's another (should be) simple one . . Basically I want to know the fastest way to set the rest of this trigger up (I started taking the long way but I really don't want to) lol

Trigger objective . . . Every 60 seconds, check if the player is playing, if so . . create a wisp at the region given.

Basically I need to know the easiest way to set it up to check if the player is playing, without duplicating the trigger for every player. (Right now it doesn't check at all and I don't want to own my map with 500 wisps by end-game).

Trigger:
  • TimedWisps
    • Events
      • Time - Every 60.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of YellowWisp <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 5 (Yellow) at (Center of YellowWisp <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 9 (Gray) at (Center of YellowWisp <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 2 (Blue) at (Center of OJWisp <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 6 (Orange) at (Center of OJWisp <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 10 (Light Blue) at (Center of OJWisp <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 3 (Teal) at (Center of GreenWisp <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 7 (Green) at (Center of GreenWisp <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 11 (Dark Green) at (Center of GreenWisp <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 4 (Purple) at (Center of PinkWisp <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 8 (Pink) at (Center of PinkWisp <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of PinkWisp <gen>) facing Default building facing degrees

As usual, thank you all :)

Yoshii

Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Time - Every 60.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 1 to 12, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • ((Player((Integer A))) slot status) Equal to Is playing
            • Then - Actions
              • Unit - Create 1 Wisp for (Player((Integer A))) at ((Player((Integer A))) start location) facing Default building facing degrees
            • Else - Actions

it could get trickier if dont use to use start location but rather a different region for each player would probably need to put each region in an array and refer to it.

Banes

Reaction score
So I could have just been using starting regions? . . . /cry

You have no idea how many times I have separate actions for each player and the region . . . ah that makes me sad and happy, thank you!

*Edit*

Well, I revoke my thank you until I test it and it works, but in the event that it does work, my thank you will be returned :) lol

Yoshii

Reaction score
So I could have just been using starting regions? . . . /cry

You have no idea how many times I have separate actions for each player and the region . . . ah that makes me sad and happy, thank you!

*Edit*

Well, I revoke my thank you until I test it and it works, but in the event that it does work, my thank you will be returned :) lol

starting player region( the circle thing in editor) isnt always where people want to spawn their unit, if its not what you wanted then you would need to make a region array and do this
map init
set region[1]=regionwhereyouwantREDWISP
set region[2]=regionwhereyouwantBLUEWISP
etc all in order to player 12

then in my above trigger instead of using player[A] start location you would use Region[A]

Icyculyr

I'm a Mac
Reaction score
Does it create a memory leak if it's Player(Integer A)'s Start Location?
I know it will if it's a center of a region.

Kind Regards

Banes

Reaction score
I tried it your way and got confused and impatient lol. Thanks though, I've got it bookmarked and I'll try it again later.

Edit----

NM, I think I've figured out where to go to start with the countdown timer :)

Banes

Reaction score
Next question :) Doubt it's possible, but is there any way to re-create a minimap? (for in game display) Mine really looks kind of sloppy with some of the terrain I used, I'd like to give it a more smooth/useful feel/look. Thanks.

Also . . how would I position "Floating Text" easier . . all I can change is the Z axis . . . I have mine positioned on a circle of power, and some of them are off to the side by . . well quite a lot.

PS: Changing the Z axis doesn't do anything I need it do. :p it looks like it's the vertical axis?

Yoshii

Reaction score
Next question :) Doubt it's possible, but is there any way to re-create a minimap? (for in game display) Mine really looks kind of sloppy with some of the terrain I used, I'd like to give it a more smooth/useful feel/look. Thanks.

Also . . how would I position "Floating Text" easier . . all I can change is the Z axis . . . I have mine positioned on a circle of power, and some of them are off to the side by . . well quite a lot.

PS: Changing the Z axis doesn't do anything I need it do. :p it looks like it's the vertical axis?

you cant change the minimap the way you want.
you can change the floating text to "point within offset" and it will let you move it on the X or Y axes like for exmaple

create floating text at player start location with offset 400,200 meaning 400 to the right and 200 up from the start location.

Banes

Reaction score
Thank you for all of the help man, I really do appreciate it.

There's no way to move it to the left? ;/

I have a couple long names, and it starts the word at the center of the region, rather than centering it on the region. Any ideas? All I can think of would be to re-size the regions or put them further to the left, but that would kind of screw it up since it's for the unit/hero selection.

Nevermind . . I'll just do it the less annoying way and create a new region for the text to appear on so I can position is easier without screwing up the unit/hero selection.

Thanks.

Yoshii

Reaction score
you can move it to the left or down using negative value. as for the text centered its kinda already is since the text will start at a specified point.

Banes

Reaction score
I got it all setup now, I just went ahead and made tiny regions at the spot where I wanted the text to start so it was over the Circle of Power correctly (I wanted it to go from one side to the other, not from the center and across the right).

I tried using negative values when I was using the a region before and when I accepted it just set the value for the axis to 0.00. ;/

Yoshii

Reaction score
I got it all setup now, I just went ahead and made tiny regions at the spot where I wanted the text to start so it was over the Circle of Power correctly (I wanted it to go from one side to the other, not from the center and across the right).

I tried using negative values when I was using the a region before and when I accepted it just set the value for the axis to 0.00. ;/
Trigger:
  • Floating Text - Create floating text that reads sdfasdf at ((Center of (Playable map area)) offset by (-400.00, -456.00)) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%), and 0.00% transparency

your making your life harder.

Banes

Reaction score
Yes, I know ;/ lol

Alright . . next and hopefully last question lol

is there an easier way to disable the techtree requirements on unit abilities? other than doing each unit manually?

I have over 100 units and I'd hate to go through each one of their to make sure the requirements are off, or go through all of the units and make sure that they have the right upgrades. Though I'm pretty sure there's only requirements for basic race units (not neutral units).

Eh . . it wont take to long, but if anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks.

Yoshii

Reaction score
Yes, I know ;/ lol

Alright . . next and hopefully last question lol

is there an easier way to disable the techtree requirements on unit abilities? other than doing each unit manually?

I have over 100 units and I'd hate to go through each one of their to make sure the requirements are off, or go through all of the units and make sure that they have the right upgrades. Though I'm pretty sure there's only requirements for basic race units (not neutral units).

Eh . . it wont take to long, but if anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks.

a simplier way would be to just give the techtree requirement at start of game
look in techtree propriety -upgrade

Banes

Reaction score
Hmm . . Do you mean give it to all players as a trigger? If so how would I do that . .

Or do you mean in object manager for upgrades . . I don't see techtree property anywhere (in object manager or anything for actions).

WE is so confusing for noobs lol

Yoshii

Reaction score
Hmm . . Do you mean give it to all players as a trigger? If so how would I do that . .

Or do you mean in object manager for upgrades . . I don't see techtree property anywhere (in object manager or anything for actions).

WE is so confusing for noobs lol

scenario- techtree propriety or upgrade propriety(for master training and unit upgrade)

Banes

Reaction score
Another noobie question! :D lol

Yes, Yes . . I was wrong, I'm back . . I can't stop myself from adding more features.

Question: How would I make a new playable zone, but without it showing up on the minimap. I tried making the playable map size larger, then making the camera bounds set to the standard zone . . . then triggering a unit / hero port with camera pan over to the hidden area but it wont move the camera past the camera bounds. . . if that makes any sense.

Also I want all of the area around the "new zone" / hidden area to be hidden . . if that is possible?

PS: Kind of like in survival where they made a "battleship" that you port to, but it's not on the minimap.

Joccaren

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Try using a visibilty disabled modifyer region over the zone?
Trigger:
  • Disable Vision
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Visibility - Create an initially Disabled visibility modifier for Player 1 (Red) emitting Visibility across (Your Region)

Note, there may be some problems with this, I haven't made a visibility disable region on the map before. You may need to change 'Visibility' in 'emitting X' to 'Fog of War'

Banes

Reaction score
Thanks I'll give removing FoW a shot later tonight . . I deleted the zone though - it was to much of a hassle and it really isn't something that fits in with my map to much (footies type map with a hero only area), maybe in a later version after i take some polls on it. This would still be nice to know though (PS, I checked the survival map, and i was wrong, the battleship is on the actual map in the current versions).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.