Some Simple Trigger Help

Lghtofthmoon

Reaction score
So I'm trying must first Trigger Enhanced Ability. The Hero is supposed to summon some banshees that instantly posess all nearby non-player units. The banshees get summoned but that's it. The entire second trigger won't work. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Trigger:
  • Casting PoS
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Procession of Souls
    • Actions
      • Set Hostileunits = (Units within 600.00 of CasLoc matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)))
      • Set CasLoc = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set Numberofhostiles = (Number of units in (Units within 600.00 of CasLoc matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red))))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at CasLoc using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DarkRitual\DarkRitualTarget.mdl
      • Sound - Play PossessionMissileLaunch1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at CasLoc with Z offset 0.00
      • Unit - Create Numberofhostiles Dummy Banshee for Player 1 (Red) at CasLoc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) of type Dummy Banshee) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Undead Banshee - Possession (Random unit from Hostileunits))
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)

And the the precast tirgger...

Trigger:
  • Precast PoS
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Hostileunits = (Units within 600.00 of CasLoc matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red)))
      • Sound - Play SleepBirth1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at CasLoc with Z offset 0.00
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Hostileunits and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Pause (Picked unit)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\CreepSleep\CreepSleepTarget.mdl
          • Wait 4.75 seconds
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)

unknown666

Reaction score
I think your problem is that when you cast it both of the triggers are running at once.

And your Precast doesn't have the location set.

also add a custom script which will remove your your "CasLoc" to make it leak-free

Angel_Island

Much long, many time, wow
Reaction score
That was what i thought too and that is why you should add a "Wait 0.01 seconds" in the second trigger.

Lghtofthmoon

Reaction score
Begins casting and starts the effect of an ability are different. This spell has a 5 second cast time. And what do I need set:Casloc=position of caster for in the second trigger?

unknown666

Reaction score
Make it like this

Assuming your your CasLoc is a Region variable

Trigger:
  • Casting PoS
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set CasLoc = (Position of (Casting unit))
      • Set Numberofhostiles = (Number of units in (Units within 600.00 of CasLoc matching ((Owner of (Matching unit)) Not equal to Player 1 (Red))))
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect at CasLoc using Abilities\Spells\Undead\DarkRitual\DarkRitualTarget.mdl
      • Sound - Play PossessionMissileLaunch1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at CasLoc with Z offset 0.00
      • Unit - Create Numberofhostiles Dummy Banshee for Player 1 (Red) at CasLoc facing Default building facing degrees
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) of type Dummy Banshee) and do (Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Undead Banshee - Possession (Random unit from Hostileunits))
      • Custom Trigger: call RemoveRect (udg_CasLoc)

Thats for the first trigger and this for the second

Trigger:
  • Precast PoS
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Wait 0,01 seconds #<--- try it out
      • Sound - Play SleepBirth1 <gen> at 100.00% volume, located at CasLoc with Z offset 0.00
      • Custom Script: call RemoveRect (udg_CasLoc)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Hostileunits and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Pause (Picked unit)
          • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Picked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\CreepSleep\CreepSleepTarget.mdl
          • Wait 4.75 seconds
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Unpause (Picked unit)

If your CasLoc is a Point, change RemoveRect to RemoveLocation

Lghtofthmoon

Reaction score
Ok but now I get the error: Expected a code statement. And the CasLoc is a point. I would never use regions >.<

EDIT: I tried the Wait 0.01 seconds. Like I said the two triggers fire at different times. So, nothing changed.

Lghtofthmoon

Reaction score
Oops I entered the custom script as Custom Script: "Custom Script:..." lol

But really, nothing has changed. Any other ideas?

unknown666

Reaction score
Try to uncheck the [X] initially on option.

And add a trigger that runs the trigger Precast PoS checking conditions

unknown666

Reaction score
At your PreCast PoS trigger uncheck this option

Initially.jpg

Then in your Casting PoS try to add this trigger

Trigger:
  • Trigger - Run Precast PoS &lt;gen&gt; (checking conditions)

At the end of the trigger, it might work

unknown666

Reaction score
Then do the stuff I mentioned to your "Cast PoS"

Initially.jpg

Turn this off

Trigger:
  • Trigger - Run Cast PoS &lt;gen&gt; (checking conditions)

Lghtofthmoon

Reaction score
But where can I put that trigger? If I put it under Casting PoS then it won't fire until after the effect has started, which is 5 seconds after when the spell begins casting.

Lghtofthmoon

Reaction score
Pretty positive. Like I've said, these two events fire at different times. One at the start of casting and one at the start of the effect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.