Sound for one player

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
It can only be done with custom text, here's what the code pretty much looks like, you may have to change the player number and the sound variable though:

if( GetLocalPlayer() == Player(<PlayerNum - 1>) then
PlaySoundBJ(gg_snd_SoundVariable)
endif

you'll need to convert your trigger to custom text to add this in.

warning!

using the GetLocalPlayer() function can and may cause desyncs - make sure you test your map with some friends first to make sure you aren't getting this problem.

U

Unregistered

i plugged that in and replaced "Sound Variable" with the sound i wanted but it didnt work, i got an error message.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I'll investigate this piece of code myself and see if I can get it to work.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm well I need to test it with someone and I can't do that, but try this slight modification and see if it works:

if (GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(GetLastCreatedUnit())) then
PlaySoundBJ(gg_snd_SoundVariable)
endif

Note here the sound is played for the owner of the last created unit. So you may need to replace "GetOwningPlayer(GetLastCreatedUnit())" with something else too. Just set out what you want to do in normal text and convert to custom to see what GetLastCreatedUnit() needs to be changed to in your circumstance.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
where do you change what? are you the same person who made this post?

R

Really Quick

first off, i'm not the same person who started the thread, but anyway, where do you add all of this? do you add the custom text into a trigger? Or what?

U

Unregistered

this might help darg...

im the guy who started this thread... maybe if i tell you what my events and conditions are, u could give me the whole trigger i want. here they are...

Events-
Unit- A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Finishes training a unit

Conditions-
(Trained unit-type) Equal to Web

Now for the action, all i want is to "play sound 'NecromancerResearchComplete1' for Player 1 (Red)"

i hope this helps, if you need any more information, let me know.

--thanks

p.s.
i dont know if this will help, but unit "Web" in my game is also known as "h004"

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
So u only want that sound to play when that 1 unit-type is trained? Or can it play for any unit-type? Cause there are easier ways to do this if it is the latter case.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
this works perfectly fine for any unit-type trained by player 1:

function Trig_test_sound_Actions takes nothing returns nothing
call DisplayTimedTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), 2.00, "TRIGSTR_514" )
if (GetLocalPlayer() == GetOwningPlayer(GetTrainedUnit())) then
call PlaySoundBJ( gg_snd_ArthasPissed1 )
else
call DoNothing( )
endif
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_test_sound takes nothing returns nothing
set gg_trg_test_sound = CreateTrigger( )
call TriggerRegisterPlayerUnitEventSimple( gg_trg_test_sound, Player(0), EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_TRAIN_FINISH )
call TriggerAddAction( gg_trg_test_sound, function Trig_test_sound_Actions )
endfunction

U

Unregistered

well, ur trigger does work, but i wanted it for specific units.

But I messed around with the Trigger On/Off action so now it plays for the units i want it too. haha.

well, thanks for ur time and patience for helping, and im glad i finally got what i wanted.

--muchos gracias :D

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I didn't answer your question exactly on purpose, to try and encourage you to learn about what's going on with the trigger. Custom text is not an easy thing to learn, and generally the use of custom text is associated with those of "advanced ability".
Thus it is a general expectation that if you implement custom text triggers into your map that you at least know how they work, and that you can easily change/add/remove bits and pieces to make them perform different functions.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.