Sound Help

U

Unregistered

okay, my game has theme music in it...my trigger is:

Player 1 types Music Center as an exact match

IntegerArray [50]= 1

Play: Simple_Clean

when i play the music in the sound editor, it works just fine, but in the game, nothing happens, and plus, btw, when i try to edit the details of the song, the length is 00:00:00

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
hmm that 0:00 thing is a little worrying - did you try deleting and re-importing your sound?

There is/was a known bug with test map that caused all sound files to have their lengths displayed as 0:00, don't know if it's been fixed now or not, I'm guessing it should have been.

U

Unregistered

Originally posted by Darg
hmm that 0:00 thing is a little worrying - did you try deleting and re-importing your sound?

yeah, then i changed the filename....after re-importing, of course..

i guess i'll muck around with it somemore :)

U

Unregistered

I GOT IT!!!

for anyone that needs help, when you import sound, and then test the map, it won't work

In other words, Music or Imported Sound 'ONLY' plays on a singleplayer or multiplayer game, not on test maps

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
There is/was a known bug with test map that caused all sound files to have their lengths displayed as 0:00, don't know if it's been fixed now or not, I'm guessing it should have been.

Perhaps it had something to do with the above?

Are you using the latest patch for the game? (1.10)

U

Unregistered

is there any way...

is there any way to edit the sounds that custom units make, such as, custom heroes. i've been wondering if i could make a new sound for a custom hero.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
You can yes, you cannot create brand new sound sets though, you can only replace existing ones.

Do you have TFT or just RoC? In TFT, choose any sound set you want to replace in the sound editor, and then right-click on the sound(s) and select 'replace internal sound' (something like that, not too hard to guess anyway)

RoC is a bit harder, you can't actually do it in the editor, you have to actually find out the file paths of the sound set you want replace and then manually import your custom sounds into those paths using WinMPQ. Open up war3.mpq (with WinMPQ) to find the sound files).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.