Space Command System?

Vacko

Reaction score
Hai!^^

I was wondering if anyone knew the "Space Command" system, how it works. Is it by GUI? Or JASS... if its JASS I have no chance..

The Space Command, have this coordinate system, where the "planet" are a square. And they use X & Y. At the start you are given a random spot, and you can change it if you wants to, if you type -(random, new or something forgotten it, way back i played it.). But yeah you get a new square.

At that square you have buildings only, you upgrade resource building to get resource(know how to at least), but when u train units, you can't see them. But if you go to a building and click a button or say -check army or something, a little text come up with what unit you have in that village, "planet". And when you attack everyone is trown into this little arena, were we can watch the attacker and the defender. Then we can see all their units.

And when you attack someone, and you win you should stole some of his resource. And its possible to take over another "planet" and its possible to raid and steal another "planet" of a player owned "planet"..

And they have this rally point. Where we decide where to attack, where to spy etc. its some buttons you click, then the number change.

And after you have picked a "planet", few planet are bonus, how do we make a village bonus? like 10% more wood producing or something.

Bankde

Reaction score
I think that system is too specific and I don't think that someone will create that system which is completely match to your idea. We need more information about that system. Not just "Space Command". We don't know how to help you with that little information.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
You can do that using GUI, although you would likely need to write some custom scripts.

All that really does is divide the map into sectors and assigns the player to start at one. Altogether it wouldn't be very hard, maybe more complex than someone will volunteer to make for you though.

Vacko

Reaction score
Thanks, well then I will start playing around.
by custom script, what do you mean then? I know only of that remove thingy that remove leaks or something... more of that?

Well I want to make it myself, just that someone could guide me the right way ^^

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
No, I mean you'll have to define some things that aren't in the game originally with some scripts, custom little bits of code that do something. Not quite the same as programming, it's a lot smaller.

Depending on how big you want the world, basically you're going to divide that up into those sections to determine where the planets are. Usually via regions with those blocks at the edges to stop people from walking across (just make a region the size of the world you want and copy and paste it to build a big array, that way they're all the same size). That would be a basic foundation, from which you can build everything else up. First would be choosing what region a player is originally assigned to, setting up their start base, etc, then making the triggers for movement between 'planets', and so on.

Vacko

Reaction score
Okidoki :D I made the map, just basic with very weak terrain but, in many pieces so I know there stuff are going etc.

I will try triggers later on...

But how do I make like
Cavalry weak to spear
Swords and Bowmen weak to Cavalry
Mounted Archers weak to Swordsmen
etc etc.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.