WIP Space ORPG (No name yet) - New Generation Space ORPG

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Well, I had this idea for a while. This is an ORPG like EVE: Online, an ORPG where you fly around in space in your spaceship, battling space-pirates and destroying astroids while recieving quests from your contacts in the docks. I haven't played this very much, but meh.

Gameplay
I was thinking of a gigantic world, where you can travel 'slowly', and fast. I'm currently working on the moving system, where when you don't move, you actually do. All the time, when not 'moving', you move a little bit (very little bit) towards your facing. When shooting, you will have to turn your canons on, load them, wait on them to luanch and then actually hit. I've not thought the combat system all through yet though.

Camera
The camera system will be 'extremely' advanced - upto 6 options (that I thought about so far) about camera rotating, or just camera setup. A unit carrying abilities for controling camera to ease battling or traveling.The options that I thought about so far is:

• Slow rotating camera (standard)
  • Fast rotating camera
  • Slow rotating camera + arrow key control
  • Fast rotating camera + arrow key control
  • Arrow key control
  • Normal third person camera without anything (any other option includes TPC)

Quests
The basic quests in this map will be normal ORPG quests, but the 'new types' of quests will be unique quests. I haven't thought very much about this yet though.

Team
So far it's only me, but I'm looking for the following types of people:
  • Scripter
  • FX Modeller
  • Object Modeller

I don't accept GUI 'scripters', because everything will be vJASS.

What can I do?
I can vJASS script, FX model, and a little bit of object modelling. Also I will be leading this project, if I can gather a proper team.

Contact
Either here, or at [email protected].

So far this is nothing but an idea, so...

Reaction score
I could be a scripter of you would like. I know vJASS , and that's all i wold use.

I also wrote an arrow key camera movement system. I'll just need to tidy it up. I can also setup a save and load.

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Plan out the combat system, code it, combine it with the movement system (frankly I'd use momentum + right click to accelerate) and release a demo. You know, just for the hell of it.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I haven't played this very much, but meh.
So... the map is based on something you (presumably) know little about, other than "You do some stuff", which would be common to alot of things? Good start :rolleyes:

A camera unit for controlling the first two cameras? Sounds a bit lame, and fidgety, I can't see it being very useful (especially if you have to select another unit, or use a different set of abilities on the same unit, which could end up getting you killed?)

# Slow rotating camera + arrow key control
# Fast rotating camera + arrow key control
# Arrow key control
Aren't they pretty much the same thing, just with speed differences? You could just have a button for increasing/decreasing rotation speed, or a chat command, would seem more sensible than 3 separate cameras that seemingly do the same thing

What can I do?
What does that have to do with anything? Just because you say you're able to do said things doesn't really mean diddly-squat, it won't automatically imply that the map will be good

So far this is nothing but an idea, so...
Make sure it doesn't stay that way, you've got enough abandoned projects in the forum already :p

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
What does that have to do with anything? Just because you say you're able to do said things doesn't really mean diddly-squat, it won't automatically imply that the map will be good

Because he's looking for project members in a very subtle way.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.