Spawn trigger help

Napenthe

Reaction score
First post here, so feel free to let me know if i'm posting in the wrong place or i miss some basic etitiquette.

Question part, the 1st
I'm looking for advice on the following trigger (with an eye towards efficiency, memory leak mitigation, etc.). The trigger's meant to spawn units at a building until the building is killed.

Question part, the 2nd
I have many of these spawn points. Would it be best to have 1 trigger that applies the conditions to each spawn-point in a loop or a seperate trigger for each spawn-point (and if the former, how would i best do that?)?

P.S. The trigger seems to work fine. Just wondering if there's a better way to do it and how best to apply it to several spawn-points.
Gravespawn.png

(And perhaps some general advice on how to post triggers properly)

For the second part, should i just make a seperate trigger, something like this:
Spawns
Events
Time - Every 8.00 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
For each (Integer Spawns[(Integer A)]) from 1 to 10, do (Trigger - Run Grave spawn <gen> (checking conditions))

Thanks to any who assist.

sabatadark

Reaction score
Are you wanting the unit or units to spawn once every 8 seconds regardless of whether or not the building is actually there, or only if the building is there?

Better yet, what exactly are you trying to achieve?

Napenthe

Reaction score
Only if the building is there.

I think the last line of the script takes care of that.

Here's the plan:
I have a series of destructables used as spawn-points, spawning units to a max of 3 units at a given time. When the destructable dies, the spawn-point is removed.

sabatadark

Reaction score
Try this, replacing Town Hall with your appropriate building and Footman with your appropriate Unit and going from there.

Also, I'm new myself. I don't know how to post pictures correctly.

I tested this on my own editor and it worked.

Attachments

• units.bmp
    273.2 KB · Views: 269

Napenthe

Reaction score
My main concern now is how to best apply the trigger to multiple spawn-points. The trigger seems to work fines for one spawn-point but i can't just make a copy for each instance. I would have to make a set of variables for each instance... maybe?

sabatadark

Reaction score
You could just do multiple triggers built the same way. Or do none of them work if any one is gone?

Napenthe

Reaction score
I figured it out. I meant to select all matching units in a region. I was selecting all living ghouls map-wide. So i had a map limit of 3 ghouls. Fixed that and the multiple triggers works like a charm. Still not sure if it's optimal, memory leak-wise. But i'm learning.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
This is in the wrong section, it should be in the World Edit Help Zone (this sub-forum's parent). Also, when posting triggers, just right click the trigger (inside the trigger editor editing portion where you see the whole trigger), and choose Copy as Text. Then, in your post, paste it between [noparse]
Trigger:
[/noparse] tags.

That should resolve any future confusions for these topics :thup:

Also, you might want to read the rules, too. It's a good a place as any to get started.

Napenthe

Reaction score
You sir are a helpful sort. Thank you.

As for the rules, i read the only "Rules" post i could find. Only had the basic decency stuff (no cursin', no offendin', etc.) Must have missed the one you're talking about.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
No problem ^_^

World Editor Help Zone is more for non-JASS related help whereas the JASS Help is for JASS-specific stuff.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.