Spell explanation

Reaction score
I don't understand the overgrowth spell that someone made.
1 - first : when we create a unit don't we see it ?
Trigger:
  • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at OG_Point facing Default building facing degrees

2 - why he set the level of overgrowth if he don't use it ?
Trigger:
  • Unit - Set level of Overgrowth (Dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Overgrowth for (Triggering unit))
    • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)

3 - same question if he give expiration time why we don't see the unit
Trigger:
  • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)

Trigger:
  • Overgrowth
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Overgrowth
    • Actions
      • Set OG_Point = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set OG_Group = (Units within 700.00 of OG_Point matching (((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to True))
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_OG_Point)
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in OG_Group and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set OG_Point = (Position of (Picked unit))
          • Unit - Create 1 Dummy Unit for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at OG_Point facing Default building facing degrees
          • Unit - Set level of Overgrowth (Dummy) for (Last created unit) to (Level of Overgrowth for (Triggering unit))
          • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Night Elf Keeper Of The Grove - Entangling Roots (Picked unit)
          • Unit - Add a 5.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
          • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_OG_Point)
      • Custom script: call DestroyGroup(udg_OG_Group)

1 has no modle file 2 to make it stronger eack lvl 3 read 1

You can not see it because it is a dummy unit. People use dummy units to combine different skills. For example, your overgrowth skill does nothing. But the dummy unit casts entaglating roots to nearby enemies. So you see it like your hero does entagle them. But no, dummy unit entaglates. Search dummy units for more info.

1 and 3 are pretty much answered already, though a little elaboration on 2 could come in handy.

When ordering units to cast spells, you do not order them to use the spell itself but you order them to preform the order of the spell. In this case the dummy spell is on Entangling Roots, so the dummy is ordered to execute the engangling roots order, hence casting the spell.

1 and 3 are pretty much answered already, though a little elaboration on 2 could come in handy.

When ordering units to cast spells, you do not order them to use the spell itself but you order them to preform the order of the spell. In this case the dummy spell is on Entangling Roots, so the dummy is ordered to execute the engangling roots order, hence casting the spell.

that use the level of unit ?

Yes he set the dumy ability to the ur one

Which spell it use ?
overgrowth or Entangle ?
I think it use overgrowth but which line he use it spell ?

Something i don't understand.
He based is spell on Entangle ( the overgrowth spell ).
But how the computer know if he need to do the Entangle spell or the overgrowth?
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Gardien du bosquet elfe de la nuit - Entangle (Picked unit)

Its what u base it of that u need to order.

Yes but how u know which spell will be used ? U have the normal spell and the custom one

He base overgroth of warstomp and he orders the dumy not u

Overgroth is based of warstomp and he orders the dumy not u

No the spell overgrowth ( dummy ) is based off Entangle and it's this spell that the create unit use.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    News portal has been retired. Main page of site goes to Headline News forum now
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am working on getting access to the old news portal under a different URL for those that would rather use that for news before we get a different news view.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Easily done
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    https://www.thehelper.net/pages/news/ is a link to the old news portal - i will integrate it into the interface somewhere when i figure it out
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Need to try something
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully this won't cause problems.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hmm
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I have converted the Headline News forum to an Article type forum. It will now show the top 20 threads with more detail of each thread.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    See how we like that.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do not see a way to go past the 1st page of posts on the forum though
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is OK though for the main page to open up on the forum in the view it was before. As long as the portal has its own URL so it can be viewed that way I do want to try it as a regular forum view for a while
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah I'm not sure what the deal is with the pagination.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    It SHOULD be there so I think it might just be an artifact of having an older style.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I switched it to a "Standard" article forum. This will show the thread list like normal, but the threads themselves will have the first post set up above the rest of the "comments"
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I don't really get that article forum but I think it is because I have never really seen it used on a multi post thread
  • Ghan Ghan:
    RpNation makes more use of it right now as an example: https://www.rpnation.com/news/
  • The Helper The Helper:
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What do you think Tom?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I will have to get used to this.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    The latest news feed looks good
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I would like to see it again like Ghan had it the first time with pagination though - without the pagination that view will not work but with pagination it just might...
  • The Helper The Helper:
    This drink recipe I have had more than a few times back in the day! Mind Eraser https://www.thehelper.net/threads/cocktail-mind-eraser.194720/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.