Spell Ideas For My Remake Of Footman Frenzy

SafeFail

Reaction score
Pick your poison.

Wolf King

Oozing Wounds
The Wolf King's abilities apply Oozing Wounds to the damage target, causing damage equal to 125% of his normal damage. Oozing Wounds causes damage per second over 8 seconds and all enemy targets in a small area take damage equal to 75% of the effect.

Savage Backlash
Watches the target's next attack for 6 seconds. If the Wolf King is struct during this time-frame, he backlashes the target for 300% of the damage taken and causing existing bleed effects on the target to spread to all nearby enemy targets in the area.

Bestial Ferocity
The Wolf King enters a berserked state, causing all bleed effects to restore health equal to 66% of the damage caused and allows bleed effects to stack up to 2 additional applications. Lasts 12 seconds.

Fierce Butchery
The Wolf King barbarically ravages his target, causing additional damage equal to 4 seconds of an existing bleed effect and consumes it. Upon consumption, all nearby enemy targets in the area suffer damage equal to 225% of the bleed's total damage over 8 seconds.

Severing Lash
The Wolf King feriously lashes his target, causing major damage. If the target is killed by this ability, the Wolf King's attack speed and Strength is increased by 35% for 8 seconds.

Rending Strikes
The Wolf King's attacks have a 30% chance to rend the target, causing damage over 6 seconds equivalent to 75% of his Strength. In addition, the target takes an additional 2% damage from all sources while affected by Rending Strikes. Stacks up to 5 times.

Call of the Wild
The Wolf King howls with bestial vigor, causing his attacks and abilities cast to summon a Lycan Ancestor that will ascend after striking a target once. The Lycan Ancestor causes damage equal to 70% of the damage caused by the Wolf King to a target in a large area. Lasts 18 seconds.

Nature's Observant Gift
Shifts the Wolf King's perception, granting invisibility detection in a large area and rendering him immune to all non-magical damage. While under the gift, the Wolf King's health regeneration movement speed is increased by 20% but cannot attack. Lasts 10 seconds.

Presence of Dominance
While the Wolf King's health is above 50%, attacks have a 33% chance to cleave all nearby units for 110% normal damage. While the Wolf King's health is below 50%, all attacks drain health equal to 40% of the damage caused. In addition, killing blows grant an additional 5% of the Wolf King's total strength, stacking up to 20 times. Lasts 20 seconds.

Taste For Blood
Whenever the Wolf King attacks a bleeding target, he has a 20% chance to gain the Taste For Blood effect. Taste For Blood increases all damage caused by Wolf King by 4% and causes his attacks to cleave nearby targets for 15% of the damage dealt. Stacks up to 3 times.

Also, are you only taking spell ideas or Heroes as well?

SafeFail

Reaction score
Whipped another quick one for you.

Rage Runner, the Lightning Knight

Thunderstruck
When Rage Runner takes damage from any source, he has a 10% chance to call forth a blast of thunder from the sky, causing damage equal to 200% of his Agility and knocking them back a short distance. In addition, Rage Runner's next spell costs 25% less mana if cast within 10 seconds.

Storm Coil
Rage Runner summons a thunderbolt to strike the ground, becoming an active trap when an enemy target triggers it in range. The trap, when triggered, releases a storm coil, preventing movement for all enemy targets in a large area and constantly barraging them with bolts of lightning every 0.25 seconds for 6 seconds. Each bolt causes damage equal to 10% of Rage Runner's maximum mana.

Stormplay
Rage Runner attempts a stormplay for 6 seconds. When struck during the time frame, Rage Runner blinks forward a large distance and instantly strike all nearby targets with lightning equal to 150% of his Agility.

Zephyr Barrier
Protects Rage Runner with a wind barrier, reducing all damage taken by 20% while affected. In addition, every third attack made while protected will release a pulse of powerful wind, knocking back all targets a short distance and stunning them for 1.5 seconds. Lasts 16 seconds.

Storm Rush
Shifts Rage Runner into a bolt of lightning, charging directly at an enemy target and unleashing a nova upon impact, damaging all enemy targets in the area. Enemy targets in the way during the charge take moderate damage. In addition, Rage Runner's movement speed is increased by 300% for 5 seconds after the nova is unleashed.

Eye of the Storm
Rage Runner's mind enters the eye of the storm, increasing the strength of his abilities by 5% up to 25% of their normal effects dependent on the number of enemy targets surrounding him in the general location.

Electrical Synergy
When Rage Runner casts two or more consecutive spells, they create a synergy based on the spells cast. A synergy is executed after the last spell in rotation is cast, causing a variety of effects based on the combination. Larger and complex sequences generate potent synergies.

Call of Thunder
Rage Runner's spells bless him with the Call of Thunder. Call of Thunder increases all damage caused by 2.5%, stacking up to 4 times. When stacked up to 4 times, Rage Runner becomes renewed by the storm, increasing health and mana regeneration by 300% for 8 seconds, consuming all stacks of the buff at the end of the effect.

Unstable Overload
Rage Runner's spells have a 15% chance to become unstable and overload in power. Unstable spells cause their normal effects plus an additional, random effect below:

Storm Pillar: Rage Runner or his target becomes a pillar of the storm, constantly shocking all enemy targets nearby every second for 7 seconds equal to 33% of Rage Runner's Agility.

Overcharge: Overcharges Rage Runner or his target, causing the next attack made against the overcharged target to ignite with electrical power. This effect causes no damage but reduces the movement speed of all affected targets except Rage Runner by 40%.

Paralysis: Enemy targets around Rage Runner in a short area become instantly paralyzed for 4 seconds and take an additional 15% damage from his spells for the duration.

adeoin

Reaction score
wow thanks from a quick look you seem to like buff stacking, but I have no idea how to do that if you could help me with that, that would be appreciated.

More spells please!

Questionaire

Reaction score
Chaos Witch

------------

-Chaotic Shot

Fires a fireball or something that travels in a straight line. If it hits a unit it'll bounce in a random direction, do a high amount of damage, and then do it again if it hits something, and just keep on going, however unlikely.

-Summon Minion

Summons a random minion from a set of chosen units. THere could be a bunch of different types, caster, tank, blah blah, but also have a couple weak ones and a really strong one. Higher levels would have a higher chance of summoning the stronger ones.

-Energy Drain

Takes away a certain amount of mana and/or health from a certain or infinite amount of units in an area around the Witch.

-Ward of Decay [Ultimate]

Creates a ward that decreases a small percent of max health and mana from nearby enemy units every second. Doesn't work on heroes.

---------------------------

These ones aren't so simple. ;)

EDIT: I just saw Avaleirra's minion thing, sorry if its a bit similar,.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Endless Void

------------------

-Consume

A passive AoE Life Drain.

-Release

Releases a burst of chaotic energy, damage a random area in a large area around the Void. You could interconnect Consume and Release somehow if ya want.

-Implode

The Endless Void implodes, damaging the Void for 15% of its health, and dealing a large amount of damage to nearby units.

-Endless Hunger [Ultimate]

The Void draws in all units in a range in front of it and kills them, healing it for half of each of their current health. Doesn't work on heroes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

M' trying to compete with Avaleirra :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thief

-----------

-Pickpocket

Steals X amount of gold from a target hero.

-Ambush

Hides for 10 seconds, (Shadowmeld so that it can't move) if any unit passes near the Thief, the Thief will ambush it, dealing X amount of damage.

-Loot Craze

Frenzy.

-Dark Alley [Ultimate]

Creates an area of darkness where the Thief can hide and automatically Ambush any unit that passes nearby.

SafeFail

Reaction score
wow thanks from a quick look you seem to like buff stacking, but I have no idea how to do that if you could help me with that, that would be appreciated.

More spells please!

Yes, I do like the buff stacking mechanics, although I do strip some of them from World of Warcraft. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to configure them; I'm just better at making them up rather than creating them.

And it appears I forgot to continue the text on Thunderstruck... which I will fix in a moment.

Edit: Here's a Hero I made up an hour ago.

Zethra de'shara, the Illusionist
Role: Controls combat and disrupts the battlefield.
Model: Succubus

Waking Nightmare
Zethra invokes a waking nightmare around area, creating disfigured replicas of affected units. These illusions take 50% additional damage and cause only 10% of their mirrored selves. Lasts 15 seconds. In addition, replicated targets take damage equal to 15% of Zethra's Intelligence every second.

Twisted Confusion
Zethra blasts enemy targets in an area with traumatizing confusion, causing them to wander aimlessly for 5 seconds, increasing all damage they take by 20% for 10 seconds. Any damage dealt will recover them from the effect.

Morbid Whisperings
Zethra curses a target with morbid whisperings, granting temporary vision of it. When the unit attacks, there is a 10% chance that the whispers will also transfer to a new host granting the same effects and refreshing their durations. Lasts 15 seconds.

Incite Insanity
Zethra twists the area into grounds for insanity for the next 18 seconds. Incite Insanity causes multiple effects based on spells used. However, casting an ability that benefits from this effect creates a 5 second cooldown frame for all other avaliable spells that also benefit.

Waking Nightmare: Illusions can only be killed by whom they were created from. In addition, targets in a nightmare that fail to kill their disfigured copies become possessed, granting you full control over them. Control only lasts 8 seconds on Heroes.

Twisted Confusion: After 5 seconds, there is a 25% chance that the target will give in to insanity, becoming hostile to all. To chance to give in to insanity is doubled if the target is not damaged during the 5 seconds.

Morbid Whisperings: All targets affected will now also often attack their allies instead of the enemy or focus on a different target. In addition, the chance to spread the whisperings is increased and can now sometimes spread when an unaffected target gets in range. Actions caused by insane units cannot be controlled.

adeoin

Reaction score
wow thx safefail, i'll use the ones that I can do.
@Questionaire: Thanks those are better, I'll be using some but not all

+rep to all

*Bump Adding more heros to first post check it out.

Questionaire

Reaction score
This just a funny idea I got :p

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Baby Tauren
-------------

-Regurgitate

Poisons a target area and causes all enemies within targeted area to run away.

-Cry

Makes all enemies feel bad for him and become temporarily friendly.

-Youthfulness

Increases base movement speed.

-Tantrum [Ultimate]

The Baby Tauren goes into a tantrum, throwing all units around him away and dealing damage and stunning them.

Thunder_Lord

Reaction score
Footmen frenzy spell ideas

I am also making a footmen frenzy map.
A few nice spells I have come up with:
holy blast; an ability I gave to a paladin, melée fighter hero basicly I made a shok wave but decreced the range so it is very short. The wave hits a clump of units in melée range if the hero
hero smite: also an ability I gave to the paladin I based it off of death and decay. I set the percent damage up too 35% and it only lasted 1.1 second. Then I changed the targets so it hit heros not units. It gave me an bility that could do a percent damage to heros
thunderfall: this one is kinda tricky, it is starfall that lasts for 1.01 seconds and dose damage at a rate of 1, changed the modle to monsoon and I got an instant cast starfall.
Area heal: based off of tranquility, I greatly increced the DMV healed and set the duration to 1 second. I got an instant cast heal of units in an area.
Mind shatter; I made this ability after shadow strike it lasted 30.01 seconds and delt X initial damage and then X damage per tick. and I set the decay power to 15 so I got an ability that dealt a bunch of damage at the start then halfway through deals another amount of damage then folows up with a final burst of damage. It was a very fun ability

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Happy Thursday!
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    Crazy how much 3d printing has come in the last few years. Sad that it's not as easily modifiable though
  • Varine Varine:
    I bought an Ender 3 during the pandemic and tinkered with it all the time. Just bought a Sovol, not as easy. I'm trying to make it use a different nozzle because I have a fuck ton of Volcanos, and they use what is basically a modified volcano that is just a smidge longer, and almost every part on this thing needs to be redone to make it work
  • Varine Varine:
    Luckily I have a 3d printer for that, I guess. But it's ridiculous. The regular volcanos are 21mm, these Sovol versions are about 23.5mm
  • Varine Varine:
    So, 2.5mm longer. But the thing that measures the bed is about 1.5mm above the nozzle, so if I swap it with a volcano then I'm 1mm behind it. So cool, new bracket to swap that, but THEN the fan shroud to direct air at the part is ALSO going to be .5mm to low, and so I need to redo that, but by doing that it is a little bit off where it should be blowing and it's throwing it at the heating block instead of the part, and fuck man
  • Varine Varine:
    I didn't realize they designed this entire thing to NOT be modded. I would have just got a fucking Bambu if I knew that, the whole point was I could fuck with this. And no one else makes shit for Sovol so I have to go through them, and they have... interesting pricing models. So I have a new extruder altogether that I'm taking apart and going to just design a whole new one to use my nozzles. Dumb design.
  • Varine Varine:
    Can't just buy a new heatblock, you need to get a whole hotend - so block, heater cartridge, thermistor, heatbreak, and nozzle. And they put this fucking paste in there so I can't take the thermistor or cartridge out with any ease, that's 30 dollars. Or you can get the whole extrudor with the direct driver AND that heatblock for like 50, but you still can't get any of it to come apart
  • Varine Varine:
    Partsbuilt has individual parts I found but they're expensive. I think I can get bits swapped around and make this work with generic shit though
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Heard Houston got hit pretty bad by storms last night. Hope all is well with TH.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Power back on finally - all is good here no damage
    +2
  • V-SNES V-SNES:
    Happy Friday!
    +1

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.